Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Orlando Informer Meetup - Any Reviews/Tips?

Apr 12, 2018
Planning my December trip, which happened to be the same weekend of the OI meetup. I already booked HRH for Friday/Saturday nights, so I got the full 2-night weekend ticket. I'm taking an Uber from BWV to HRH late Friday AM, then going back Sunday afternoon, so I'll have a full day, plus two half days in the park (and, of course, the late nights).

It'll be my first Universal experience during the holidays, and my first opportunity to ride Hagrid's. More than anything, I'm really looking forward to being in the parks late at night. I've only really experienced this during HHN, which as you know is a totally different atmosphere ;)

Any tips from folks that have been to one of these meetups? Strategies on what's best to hit up/not visit first, etc.? Hoping I can fix any night 1 touring mistakes on night 2. I'm also hoping I can get on Hagrid's (which was listed as being open during the party, but with its current uptimes I'm not going to assume it'll stay open all night).

Thank you in advance!

I went to the second to last meetup they had. Everything except Gringotts at 20 minutes was 5 minutes. Gringotts was only 20 because it had downtime that allowed a line to build. Given that it's not unheard of to wait 60 or less minutes now in the slow season, I expect Hagrids to be similar with its downtime. So no need for a strategy besides ride Hadrids early in case it goes down for the night. Beyond the rides, check in took 5 minutes and unlimited food was as simple as walking in any open restaurant saying what you want of the available items. It's easily the best trip I've ever had to Universal. So much so that as someone who only goes a couple times a year, if possible, I likely will always go during one of these meetups from now on.

I went to the second to last meetup they had. Everything except Gringotts at 20 minutes was 5 minutes. Gringotts was only 20 because it had downtime that allowed a line to build. Given that it's not unheard of to wait 60 or less minutes now in the slow season, I expect Hagrids to be similar with its downtime. So no need for a strategy besides ride Hadrids early in case it goes down for the night. Beyond the rides, check in took 5 minutes and unlimited food was as simple as walking in any open restaurant saying what you want of the available items. It's easily the best trip I've ever had to Universal. So much so that as someone who only goes a couple times a year, if possible, I likely will always go during one of these meetups from now on.

Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Really looking forward to it.