Other Hotels | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Other Hotels

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry. :p Just goes to show how much I paid attention to the other site.

I had nothing to do with TPA. Part of the reason TPA was born was because I decided to move on, away from IOACentral Radio for my own side project which is still being planned out.

I thought it was $325. It's a nice hotel, my mom won a contest a while ago, but you need kids. In an article on TPA, Erik, yes I called his name :rotfl:, stayed and said they treated him like a rapist:lol:

If I worked there I would think the same thing. 2 grown men staying at an expensive kids hotel, with no kids….very suspicious…well maybe just one of the grown men was suspicious…lol…:look:

Reactions: Brian G.
Well as long as they weren't joking about NAMBLA

Actually....I was. :lol:

As well as making references to Herbert the Creepy Old Guy from Family Guy. Whenever a family passed by our room, I would imitate him by saying "We got popsicles in here, I know you must be hot and sweaty after a long day at the theme parks!".

As well as making references to Herbert the Creepy Old Guy from Family Guy. Whenever a family passed by our room, I would imitate him by saying "We got popsicles in here, I know you must be hot and sweaty after a long day at the theme parks!".

Oh I can just hear that with the whistle in his voice. :lol:

Hey, has anyone rented a house in the Orlando area? Now that we live here not so much, but in the last few years we started doing home rentals and loved it. You can find really reasonable weekly rates and the homes we got every time were beautiful, huge, and had great private screened in pools with jacuzzis. Downside is of course you need a rental car and might have a short drive, ours was usually about 10 min to Disney. It's great though, totally quiet, private, plus you know you can't swim nude at the Contemporary pool onsite late at night. Ha Ha, just kidding, well, as far as the other rental neighbors know....

Oh, and you usually don't see any NAMBLA members. :-X

Hey, has anyone rented a house in the Orlando area? Now that we live here not so much, but in the last few years we started doing home rentals and loved it. You can find really reasonable weekly rates and the homes we got every time were beautiful, huge, and had great private screened in pools with jacuzzis. Downside is of course you need a rental car and might have a short drive, ours was usually about 10 min to Disney. It's great though, totally quiet, private, plus you know you can't swim nude at the Contemporary pool onsite late at night. Ha Ha, just kidding, well, as far as the other rental neighbors know....

Oh, and you usually don't see any NAMBLA members. :-X

I rented a mansion once, with four other families we knew. It was good but crapier then we thought. My bathroom was overrun with spider/webs, the hot dogs from some other family was still on the grill, the game "room" was in a garage with only a pool table instead of that, air hockey, AND a foosball table. My closet had a big hole in it, and something broke off in the middle of the stiarcase. The PS2 they had was broken and almost impossible to finds in the first place. I still liked it though.:p

"Lets play a fun game boys. Who ever can swallow the most Tylenol PM wins!!"
"Whats going on in my pants six more weeks of winter oo wee."
"Would you boys like some cup cakes, or a few glasses of wine?"
"Chris I'm sorry. I've moved on to bigger and better things. Oh there is the new paper boy...Kyle."

I have rented condos and Houses. The house we stayed at was really nice October is a mid price range I think we got a 5 bedroom house for around 1000 dollars. It was 8-9 miles from Disney had a pool, jacuzzi, pool table, foosball.

It was great, We all went our own ways during the day and all came home for dinner at night it was a lot of fun.

I have rented condos and Houses. The house we stayed at was really nice October is a mid price range I think we got a 5 bedroom house for around 1000 dollars. It was 8-9 miles from Disney had a pool, jacuzzi, pool table, foosball.

It was great, We all went our own ways during the day and all came home for dinner at night it was a lot of fun.
When we would go to the beach for vaca in NC we would rent a house. Renting a house is a much more enjoyable experience. Hotel rooms everyone gets cramped and annoyed. Vacation houses you might be cramped and annoyed but for some reason it seems more enjoyable. Much more to do per say.

that is a good idea for vacations. I have never thought about renting a house before but it does make sense. you can have more room and space for about the same cost...but a lot more comfort.

are the houses cleaned pretty well? or how does that work between people and such?

that is a good idea for vacations. I have never thought about renting a house before but it does make sense. you can have more room and space for about the same cost...but a lot more comfort.

are the houses cleaned pretty well? or how does that work between people and such?
I haven't stayed in a dirty one yet. You need to find a rental agency they will usually tell you the weekly rate. There was quite a few in my old neighborhood. You usually knew who they were also.

We stayed at 4 different houses and each one was very clean. You don't get housekeeping every day like you would in a traditional hotel, they just come and clean when you leave. So the downside is if you're a total slob at home your rental home will probably be that way too! You usually have a trash day, like you would at home, where you put the trash/recycling out on the curb. The homeowners typically have a little manual telling you all about that and the area, etc. Make sure you know what all will and won't be furnished in the house though because a couple of the houses came with soap, toilet paper, etc. (normal amenities you'd expect from a hotel) but several did not have any of that. We had to grocery shop anyways for some food but didn't expect to have to buy soap, tp, trash bags, paper towels, etc. so check that out with the property rental company before you arrive. Overall though it's different but really nice, quiet, and comfortable.

Ha Ha, the heating charges are such crap. I know it's wrong, but I popped open the "secure" box that controls the heater and our pool was a balmy 90 degrees the entire week so I'd say we got our money's worth...

Bump.

Alright, maybe someone can help a brotha out here. I'm looking for a hotel to stay in for my HHN trip next month. It's difficult because I need a place with 18 check-in age. So here's what I'm looking for.

-18 Check-In Age.
-Close to Universal, last year we stayed at Best Western MovieLand on I-drive across from Wet N' Wild, walking distance was perfect, wouldn't mind a little more.
-Reasonably priced. Not looking for a Marriott or anything.

That's really it. Just looking for a decent, close place to stay. It's just the Check-in that's killing me. Don't really want to stay at MovieLand again, want to try something new but if I have to stay there then so be it.