Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Paramount set to open £2bn theme park in Kent England

Avvie Cunnington

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2010
Peterborough,UK
Hollywood powerhouse Paramount Pictures has unveiled new plans to build a whopping £2billion theme park in the Swanscombe Peninsula in Kent.

According to reports, the Hollywood-themed park will feature Europe’s largest indoor water park, as well as cinemas, restaurants, attractions and hotels.

paramount-park-jpg_163630.jpg

More information http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/paramount-set-to-open-%C2%A32bn-theme-park-in-kent.html

http://www.khl.com/magazines/construction-europe/detail/item79620/%E2%82%AC2,5-billion-theme-park-for-south-east-England

Last edited:
It will not be Europe's largest water park with Tropical Islands in Germany, which is located inside of an old Airship hanger. and is massive

understood haha, what exactly is that blue thing at the front? I'm guessing that the big thing in the middle is the waterpark

I think thats the water park in blue

Proposed ideas are

One of the main attractions in the pipeline is Titanic 4D, which will use state-of-the-art special effects to give guests a taste of the iconic vessel.

Meanwhile a 4D Mission: Impossible ride will take visitors through action scenes in a military-style vehicle.

Last edited:
It sure looks expensive. I'm surprised Paramount is getting back into theme parks. I thought that when they sold them off that they were done. I guess they wanted to sell the parks they had bought and create something from scratch.

In spite of the announcement, people all over the internet are still cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. There are just too many loose ends right now that are up in the air. They need government approval, many more investors, and the fact that Paramount doesn't have a theme park creative division to work on blue-sky concepts. While Paramount does have endless attraction worthy IPs, it's not only the franchises that matter, but the execution of their theme park counterpart.

More information released yesterday!
Paramount Park developers reveal goal to begin construction in 2016 and open in summer 2019 as public exhibitions on plans open

Construction of the proposed Paramount resort could get under way in the autumn of 2016 with an opening in the summer of 2019, it has been revealed.

Developers behind the £2billion scheme to transform the derelict Swanscombe Peninsula have outlined a proposed timetable for the project as the first informal phase of the public consultation gets under way today.

London Resort Company Holdings has growing confidence in its plans after gaining special government status bypassing local planning rules last month.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-business/county-news/paramount-team-construction-19946/

This is the timetable they are looking at:
The road to launching the London Paramount Entertainment Resort

May 2014 - Gains status as Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project, bypassing local planning requirements

June 2014 - Begins first phase of public consultation, asking residents and interested parties how they would like to be told about the plans

Autumn to winter 2014 - First stage of formal public consultation

Spring to summer 2015 - Second stage of formal public consultation

Summer 2015 - Apply for planning permission direct to central government, known as a development consent order

Summer 2015 to Summer 2016 - Detailed design work and procurement of contracts

Autumn 2016 - Decision by Secretary of State

Autumn 2016 to spring 2019 - Construction

Summer 2019 - Grand opening

I still don't see it happening without a new river crossing, the QE2 Bridge can't handle it at the best of times. We'll see once they put in the new toll system if it improves, but the summer holidays would be nuts. It's bad enough with Bluewater traffic. The A206 has too may roundabouts, and the Industrial Parks surely will be against it.