1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Parking At UOR

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by truejonas, Jan 10, 2019.

1. truejonas

truejonas Rookie

I have a two part question, and I am sure one of you lovely folks know the answer!

Backstory: in May, I am going to be taking a trip with 6 people down to UOR, in two separate vehicles. Both vehicles max out at 5 people legally, so I am trying to work out the parking situation. I am a Preferred passholder as well, so I am aware that I would be able to park one of the cars for free. My two questions would be:

1. Would I be able to go through the booths with one car, get picked up at the hub in the other and go through the booths again? (I am assuming this may be blocked by the system, seeing as they scan the pass.)

2. Is there a location immediately nearby that offers free parking, so one vehicle can park and the other can shuttle the extra people directly to the hub? We are staying at Vista Cay down the street, which isn't terribly far, but a bit impractical to drive back and forth from for this purpose.

My favorite worst case scenario is to draw straws on who hides in the SUV's (covered) trunk. Luckily won't be me! :pew: Otherwise, my parents are Power APs and would just have to pay for parking on their own. What do the experts say?

Edit: This mostly a matter of curiosity. The Power APs will pay for their half price parking if need be, there's no desire for any of us to get the 'ban. The money isn't so much the issue, it's just a question if there's a way to do it cheaper.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Just pay the $25.

GadgetGuru and P@n!K_Sw1tC# like this.
  3. RevFreako

RevFreako Veteran Member

Just have one person Uber and save ten bucks.

JoeCamel likes this.
  4. truejonas

truejonas Rookie

Having Power APs puts their car at half price parking anyways, the Uber wouldn't help.

RevFreako likes this.
  5. natespf

natespf --Classified-- Premium Member

Trunk it up!

It is an interesting question though. Hypothetically with just one car someone would be able to leave and come back right? But with the risk of a permaban it may not be worth to test with 2 cars...

Edit: okay we're going Mission:Impossible now... you need 2 cars the same make, model, color, and year. Then when you switch cars you'll also need to swap the license plates without anyone noticing. This is your mission if you choose to accept. This post will self destruct :fire:

Edit edit: Don't take any of my advice, and if you do it's only the first one. Trunk life :rock:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    bob albert likes this.
  6. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

Uber XL, then you can drink and not have to worry about driving.

JoeCamel and Scott W. like this.
  7. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

Yea I would probably trunk it or do the guest drop off and pick them up.

8. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

Why would you risk it over $25 though? Either you need to save a bit more money before you go or you shouldn't be going at all. This thread is something else...

9. truejonas

truejonas Rookie

I like your attitude. "Trunk it up" may be my new favorite vehicle-related phrase. :grin:

It's less a matter of money and more a matter of curiosity. The Power APs will pay the $12.50 a day if necessary, we were just trying to determine if there was anyway to get both vehicles in. If there's not, we're cool with it.

natespf likes this.
  10. P@n!K_Sw1tC#

P@n!K_Sw1tC# Member

^Glad to hear that. Safety first, especially with some of the dingbats driving around Orlando ;)

11. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

This would be my pick.

Option C, is you wait 5 years, walk across the road and get a bus from the new resort to the old resort.

truejonas, RevFreako and P@n!K_Sw1tC# like this.
  12. natespf

I may have a plan D but it depends on if you can get up to 88 M.P.H. in the parking garage.

13. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

I'm with the others. Just pay for the second car. It is the price of a good drink in the park or a CS meal. The convenience of having the cars in the garage cannot be beat.

truejonas, natespf and Coasted like this.
  14. truejonas

truejonas Rookie

I mean, I'm sure my mother would love the challenge. :lmao:

The convenience factor is what it keeps boiling down to on the non-virtual conversation front, which does make the parking fee worth it.

15. natespf

It's an interesting topic none the less, but it'll be a lot easier to just pay the $12.50.

Skold likes this.
  16. Skold

Skold Rookie

Pile everyone in, drop them off, park. Done.

Or pay $12.50.