Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the sake of Sky, I see it as Comcast's play to get agressively into the European market for cable. 21CF might of provided them great assets for the short and potentially long-term, but Sky will allow Comcast to get a foothold in one of the largest continents in the world. I doubt this is the last we'll see of Comcast's international expansion, especially in the future.

So you're telling me if Sky hasn't come into play at all or not open to the bidding at all, 20th Century Fox would have been a subsidiary of Universal Studios by now instead of the already-bloated Disney, and Comcast/NBCU's own streaming service (Hulu or not) would be at least as competitive to HBO Max?

Essentially Peacock live is Universal's version of D23 so probably not. But I'm more excited that those who sign up get to go to the UC panels.
I would say more similar to the Celebration of Harry Potter. This is just to hype up their streaming service, anyway.

I would say more similar to the Celebration of Harry Potter. This is just to hype up their streaming service, anyway.

Nah, if it was just about the streaming service they wouldn't have mentioned being out the Universal Creative team which currently has nothing to do with Peacock
Peacock Live! tickets include general admission to the theme park after 12PM, with exclusive after-hours access to the park after dark only for Peacock Live! guests. PLUS, hear from the creative teams who bring Halloween Horror Nights and thrill rides to life!

Personally speaking, that could go either one of two ways for HHN..the parks bit though intrigues me to some extent, as I'd assume that would be more-so for UCHollywood than UC in general.

I would consider it an upcharge Celebration of Potter, but with a bigger emphasis to show Comcast's brand and reach with the companies they have (along with including park admission).

So sort-of a mixture of both D23 and Celebration, if you will.

It would be devastating if I am to pay $5 a month with ad-support for a service that provides little in relevant/popular content in comparison to Disney + and HBO Max. A free version with ad-support is the only way for Comcast/NBCU to compete with the other streaming services.
Hulu is $5/month for the ad-supported version.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
(UC has nothing to do with HHN)
Didn't know A&D also makes the thrill rides.
So... Hollywood’s HHN is literally developed entirely by two people. In fact, Orlando’s A&D and Murdy - when they saw how the other side did their events - couldn’t believe that’s how they did it.

Literally, the only “partnership” between the two parks with regard to HHN is determining shared IPs and scheduling pitch dates.

The “meet the minds behind HHN” is Murdy dropping by because he’s incapable of letting a media event go without making himself seen.

Hulu is $5/month for the ad-supported version.

Yeah, but that's because Hulu is more than a decade old and has a lot of licensed popular content from various companies, not just the Universal one. Peacock would have all content from NBCUniversal and some third-party content, yet they don't have enough popular IPs/franchises to actually compete with Disney and Warner Bros. It makes sense if they include a free version with ad-support.