Persona [Game Series] | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Persona [Game Series]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
PERSONA 6 BAYYYYBEEEEE HERE WE COME

What interests me intensely, is that there are two "Secret" titles for the main timeline. With logic, that means Persona 6 (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS) which i think will be announced in September of 2022.

...That leaves the other, to make me more intensely curious. If it's a remake, what could it be? Persona 3 makes a lot of sense, especially with them yeeting FES down to a ditch; but I could see a case being made for Persona 2.

Hyped for the next year as a new fan of the franchise!

Also I read that there was going to be 7 new titles announced? With that logic, I see remakes to a few Persona games and maybe even P5 Arena honestly. (and Persona 6 of course)

Hyped for the next year as a new fan of the franchise!

Also I read that there was going to be 7 new titles announced? With that logic, I see remakes to a few Persona games and maybe even P5 Arena honestly. (and Persona 6 of course)

7 new PROJECTS. Which doesn't mean games. I'm expecting a P-Sound Bomb concert, some sort of IRL festival in Japan, P5R animation, etc.

7 new PROJECTS. Which doesn't mean games. I'm expecting a P-Sound Bomb concert, some sort of IRL festival in Japan, P5R animation, etc.

I'm expecting that Codename X title (Persona Mobile/P5 Spinoff from what visuals seem to be), some kind of P-Sound concert done globally, an animation project, P4G Multiplatform and ArcSys.

The other three I have no clue, outside of the likelyhood of P6.

Just found out about this thread, and I’m glad I did. Can’t wait to hear the upcoming Persona projects!

I'm predicting they announce:
- P1 Remake
- P2 Remake
- P3 & P4 Remastered/Port
- P5 Arena
- P6
- P5R Animation

I can’t predict the last one, but I’ll just throw in a pipe dream that I’ve always wanted to see for so long; Persona crossover with Jojo Bizzare Adventure. I mean hey, both franchises are entering their 6th entries so why not?

Just found out about this thread, and I’m glad I did. Can’t wait to hear the upcoming Persona projects!

I'm predicting they announce:
- P1 Remake
- P2 Remake
- P3 & P4 Remastered/Port
- P5 Arena
- P6
- P5R Animation

I can’t predict the last one, but I’ll just throw in a pipe dream that I’ve always wanted to see for so long; Persona crossover with Jojo Bizzare Adventure. I mean hey, both franchises are entering their 6th entries so why not?

I mean--Jojo is techincally much more than six parts (Yes, Stone Ocean is next on animation buuuut) so I wouldn't say that's a close comparison.

Thinking about it more, as I think this is the route they'll go.

- P1/P2 HD Remasters = While Persona 1 and Persona 2 are in need of something more proper; I don't see Atlus going in and spending the cash on something like Persona 1 and 2 Duology to get a full fledged "Kiwami" level remake. Not yet atleast. HD Remasters, with English, Japanese, and multiple other audio options; may be a great way to welcome new fans into the Persona series. Heck; I wouldn't even rule something like what Square's doing with FF out, of pixel remasters.
- Persona 4 Golden Multiplatform = It's the easiest to do, as Persona 4 Golden can release pretty quickly due to it now being on PC. As for platforms, Nintendo and Playstation would be absolute givens.
- Codename X = Codename X, should be real enough. After all, we did get that leak back in April with art that looked like something from Soejima. With Atlus and P-Studio not *really* having a dedicated mobile studio, them outsourcing to Perfect World (who has done titles for Square) makes a lot of sense.
- Persona Animation project (likely P5R) = I do think this isn't impossible either to be announced; especially if they go and bring on that of AIC ASTA; as they are complete with the Persona 3 trilogy of films. As long as they take their time with P5R, it'd be a good anime adaptation.
- Persona 5 Arena (ArcSys/P-Studio) = P5Arena seems like something that makes absolute sense. ArcSys is done with BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle; alongside Season 2 of Granblue Fantasy Versus (Assuming they don't do a third season of that). I can see ArcSys go full-tilt for Persona 5 Arena; and to have it revealed as a game that'd come out for Late 2022. With the fighting community slowly coming back out thanks to vaccinations, I do think we're inevitable and inbound.
- Persona 3 Remake = I've already gone into the subject, but I do think P3 is the one to get the "Kiwami" level of a remake. My question would be, would P-Studio/Atlus want to license the remake out, similar to Game Freak for Pokemon. If they do, I think we'd have the studio already--that being Koei Techmo. Koei Techmo has already proved that they can do more than the Dynasty model, as seen with Fire Emblem; so having them jump immediately from Persona 5 Scramble/Strikers, to Persona 3 Remake really isn't out of the question.

And then, there'd be the Persona 6, but yeah. I could go into a color theory; but I am not going to blow up the planet.

I do wonder though, is it possible that other Persona games might get a Strikers treatment?

And as Persona x Jojo is just my pipe dream, a part of me feels that like it’s possible that one the projects may be a crossover with another franchise. As for what crossovers I think would be possible? I’m thinking IP’s like DMC featuring Dante, or anything Sega (Preferably Yakuza because why not?). Hell, maybe Persona and SMT could crossover as well?

I don’t think they touch P1, P2, or P3 at all. No remakes or remasters or ports.

I'm a bit surprised that you'd think that. I think with P25; Atlus will look into remasters, especially with the notable and strong sales of Persona 4 Golden on PC, and what that managed to do. Granted; I could see it being only one of the original two, perhaps that being the Duology (As it's two separate games), but I don't entirely rule out P1/2's acknowledgement.

If P3 was to get nothing, the fact that they neglected to mention the second remake/remaster, Persona 3 FES, makes me wonder what P-Studio's mindset is of Persona 3 in the general terms.

I do wonder though, is it possible that other Persona games might get a Strikers treatment?

Straight answer--Kirijo Shadow Operatives. Have all currently living P3 characters involved. There is a lot of potential to do Shadow Operative storylines; especially if it goes globally to tackle various cases of the Dark Hour affecting other global areas. It doesn't even have to be on a complete "Calendar" system, it could be on a specific "Chapter" system for each respective chapter focusing on a specific element.

Expanding the Shadow Operative Organization, could allow for them to test waters on specific locations that Persona Mainline could tackle in the future; places people often request about (Even if I do think P6 could very likely skip Japan for NA or EU/UK).

I'm a bit surprised that you'd think that.

I forget where I saw it but Atlus has said they don't like messing with the vision of games with designers who have moved on. P1-2 and Hashino have moved on so I don't see why they'd re-imagine any of the old Persona games. I think asking for a remaster or re-release of P3 is asking fo trouble let alone the older games.

I forget where I saw it but Atlus has said they don't like messing with the vision of games with designers who have moved on. P1-2 and Hashino have moved on so I don't see why they'd re-imagine any of the old Persona games. I think asking for a remaster or re-release of P3 is asking fo trouble let alone the older games.

But--I though Hashino wasn't the producer of Persona 1-2. Heck; Shoji Meguro technically had a hand with Persona: Revelations when that was being adapted to the PSP and Persona 2: Innocent Sin was produced not by Hashino, but Kouji Okada (who also worked on SMT3 Nocturne as a Producer). Katsura's first hand on the producer wheel for Persona, was when he was also in the director's chair for Persona 3. As a matter of fact, Hashino has since excluding FES and Persona 5 Vanilla; has only been a producer for Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden when it comes to Mainline Persona.

I would argue that they could do something similar to how they handled Persona 4, as that was done directly by Atlus Japan and Daisuke Yajima, who handled the PC port of Persona 4 Golden. It's actually why I think Persona 4 Golden is coming to Multiplatform status--as they should have a lot of the game done thanks to the efforts of the PC port.

The only way I could see Atlus not going forward with more PC ports, is of SEGA and the current turmoil that they're having with Judgment; and the agency against porting that to PC (but that'd be going off the beaten path of topics).

Last edited:
But--I though Hashino wasn't the producer of Persona 1-2. Heck; Shoji Meguro technically had a hand with Persona: Revelations when that was being adapted to the PSP and Persona 2: Innocent Sin was produced not by Hashino, but Kouji Okada (who also worked on SMT3 Nocturne as a Producer). Katsura's first hand on the producer wheel for Persona, was when he was also in the director's chair for Persona 3. As a matter of fact, Hashino has since excluding FES and Persona 5 Vanilla; has only been a producer for Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden when it comes to Mainline Persona.

I would argue that they could do something similar to how they handled Persona 4, as that was done directly by Atlus Japan and Daisuke Yajima, who handled the PC port of Persona 4 Golden. It's actually why I think Persona 4 Golden is coming to Multiplatform status--as they should have a lot of the game done thanks to the efforts of the PC port.

The only way I could see Atlus not going forward with more PC ports, is of SEGA and the current turmoil that they're having with Judgment; and the agency against porting that to PC (but that'd be going off the beaten path of topics).

True but that’s the reason behind why they did ports of the 1-2 games (with updated localization and music) instead of full P3 like remakes.

True but that’s the reason behind why they did ports of the 1-2 games (with updated localization and music) instead of full P3 like remakes.

Been thinking about this, but at the same time, what does Atlus have after SMTV (outside of Project Re:Fantasy, which should be the next major title for the studio)? Surely they wouldn't have their hands exclusively on the P6 pot for P-Studio, as they've done releases of titles during the period in-between mainline titles, and that they would have some people able to come in for HD remasters. If at worst, they can work with Koei again, similar to P3 and P5Strikers.

Been thinking about this, but at the same time, what does Atlus have after SMTV (outside of Project Re:Fantasy, which should be the next major title for the studio)? Surely they wouldn't have their hands exclusively on the P6 pot for P-Studio, as they've done releases of titles during the period in-between mainline titles, and that they would have some people able to come in for HD remasters. If at worst, they can work with Koei again, similar to P3 and P5Strikers.

The Entrian Odyssey game for Switch

The Entrian Odyssey game for Switch

Has Atlus come out and talked about Etrian Odyssey? I know it's been in the surveys, but I don't recall them doing anything with trademarks and websites, the same way they have been doing for P5.

If it's all the same, I'm actually curious: do you think the secret second project represented on the mainline, is from the P4-P5 series? I'd be a bit surprised if you think that; as I would argue that if they are tackling the 25th beyond P4-P5; that they would address older titles.

1626529967902.png

(and to show the two secrets on the mainline).

Has Atlus come out and talked about Etrian Odyssey? I know it's been in the surveys, but I don't recall them doing anything with trademarks and websites, the same way they have been doing for P5.

If it's all the same, I'm actually curious: do you think the secret second project represented on the mainline, is from the P4-P5 series? I'd be a bit surprised if you think that; as I would argue that if they are tackling the 25th beyond P4-P5; that they would address older titles.

View attachment 14915

(and to show the two secrets on the mainline).

Doing some Kremlinology here with quotes it sounds like Re:Fantasy is the next major push for Atlus.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Doing some Kremlinology here with quotes it sounds like Re:Fantasy is the next major push for Atlus.

So, then allow me to bring up. With Re:Fantasy, Etrian Next, P6, and..whatever the secret project is; that means there are four projects being developed by Atlus right now. Two by Atlus directly, and two by P-Studio (Especially as a round of hirings are coming about for Persona 6).

Assuming you don't think it'd be a remake of previous titles before P4/P5, what would you think the elusive second project is? They wouldn't put two blanks for no reason. Especially as SMTV is nearing gold status, that frees up some of the development team at Atlus (And that's assuming one team's dedicated solely on SMTV's completion).

So, then allow me to bring up. With Re:Fantasy, Etrian Next, P6, and..whatever the secret project is; that means there are four projects being developed by Atlus right now. Two by Atlus directly, and two by P-Studio (Especially as a round of hirings are coming about for Persona 6).

Assuming you don't think it'd be a remake of previous titles before P4/P5, what would you think the elusive second project is? They wouldn't put two blanks for no reason. Especially as SMTV is nearing gold status, that frees up some of the development team at Atlus (And that's assuming one team's dedicated solely on SMTV's completion).

But here's the thing, you're assuming it's a game based on the fact the other boxes you can buy. What if it's a 25th Anniversary box with no tie to a game? I just can't make the leap to "there are two secret projects" leap right now.

But here's the thing, you're assuming it's a game based on the fact the other boxes you can buy. What if it's a 25th Anniversary box with no tie to a game? I just can't make the leap to "there are two secret projects" leap right now.

Coming back to this, in particular on the Acrylic stands: the collection of the mainline acrylic's come with a full on box included. Granted, it's coming out in September in Japan; but it's..interesting, nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Atlus has 5-6 Projects internally going upwards to 10 counting Vanillaware and other collaboration parties.

Atlus also has plans for more persona events globally too.