Phoenix Rising Family Coaster Coming to Pantopia in 2024 | Inside Universal Forums

Phoenix Rising Family Coaster Coming to Pantopia in 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait, the seats SWING?!
That’s what I was trying to figure out…do they mean swinging side to side with the banked curves, or will they actually “swing” like an Arrow suspended coaster? I’m hoping they actually swing and it really is a new style of coaster…

The onboard audio aspect seems kinda cool. From the description on Instagram it sounds like this might be the park's first addition with nonzero amounts of theming since Cobra's Curse, so that's exciting! I still disagree with the notion that this is a viable substitute for an actual family ride, since there will be younger and older guests who categorically can't/won't ride any kind of roller coaster, but at least it's a step in the general direction of more family-oriented attractions for BGT.
Interesting how the ride is in Pantopia but seems to be explicitly focused on crossing over into the Serengeti area. If done properly, that could be incorporated into the theme of the ride: the queue could tell a story about the life and death of a Phoenix, who is then reborn from the ashes to take riders on a flight all the way across Africa to the Serengeti and back.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Clive
Where are you guys seeing it stating the coaster will swing? This looks like the vekoma model with B&M track.
Everyone is speculating from this quote in the press release:

"Riders will feel the rush of the wind and thrill of the flight in this suspended roller coaster that enables ride cars and riders to swing side to side as the train races along the track high above the Serengeti Plain"

Reactions: jarmor
the only two extant versions of this type of ride, both Family Inverted Coasters in different Happy Valley parks in China, don't swing. so I'd be surprised if this features a swinging motion.

Reactions: MikePat
I’m also going with the “swinging” coming from the track and not the car a la real suspended coasters, even though they are straight up calling it suspended instead of inverted. The concept art looks identical to the existing family inverts, down to the bolts.

I’m also going with the “swinging” coming from the track and not the car a la real suspended coasters, even though they are straight up calling it suspended instead of inverted. The concept art looks identical to the existing family inverts, down to the bolts.
Agreed, and yeah, the first two family inverts from B&M were following the layouts of the previous suspended family coasters by Vekoma (rumor has it the Happy Valley parks couldn't get Vekoma, so they asked B&M to do it instead.), and now this looks to follow the newer suspended family coaster layout from Vekoma that started with Orkanan at Farup Sommarland and eventually cloned for Dollywood. (Dragonflier)

Feels like we're being spoiled a bit for 2024 with some actual theming for Penguin and on board audio for this. I know they probably got great deals on these rides, but I'm crossing my fingers they're willing to spend a bit more again with things going forward. Can't see this as anything but a win since we already got Flyer as a more appealing alternative to Phoenix and no matter how this turns out it'll be better than Sand Serpent.

Reactions: OrlLover
I'm pretty sure the on board audio is just going to be the same type of music Tigris and the Flyers have been playing