Photo Connect | Inside Universal Forums

Photo Connect

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
Don't know if this has been posted before. I could not find anything on it.

There is a new "Photo Connect" automated photo-op system installed/being installed in both parks.

Universal Studios:
On Location
Men In Black - Allien Attack
E.T.s Toy Closet & Photo Spot
Revenge of the Mummy

Islands of Adventure:
DeFoto's Expedition Photography
Jurassic Park Adventure
Dudly Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
The Incredible Hulk Coaster

It appears you just scan your ticket and the system takes you picture.

Photo-OpStation-001.jpg

Photo-OpStation-002.jpg

Photo-OpStation-003.jpg

What are the cameras aimed at? I would assume that it is a special focal point?

Sorry, I did not take a wide angle shot. The one pictured above is aimed at the Jeep being attacked by the T-Rex. You need to stand on the T-Rex "footprints".

I don't think so. Not many details on the control unit itself. The park map states, "Visit one of the Photo Connect locations for details."

Sorry, I did not take a wide angle shot. The one pictured above is aimed at the Jeep being attacked by the T-Rex. You need to stand on the T-Rex "footprints".

Hmmm... how will the camera know you are in place I wonder. How will they keep others from getting in the shot? Interesting concept.

Also, the one I saw this past week pictured above... There was a tree that had overgrown and was blocking the camera. No one was using the system, they were all just using their phones/cameras to take the picture. (I didn't even think it was working yet.)