Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

Glad you had a good time! I'm a Niagara resident and I'd love to visit the park for the rides but there's so much justified backlash against the park for it's mistreatment of animals. I'd love them to embrace your idea and ditch the animals and invest in more attractions, but I don't think the owners have the money :confused:
How was Dragon Mountain? Looking forward to your photos

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. I know there were rumors that the owner wanted to sell and I'm praying that a group with bigger pockets, be it a theme park company or not, takes over the park and keeps it as a park. But I'm not holding my breath, hence the need for a visit!

Dragon Mountain is such a weird coaster but I really enjoyed it. I feel like it can't decide whether it wants to be a terrain hugging mine train with helices and tunnels or a classic Arrow mega looper with the back to back loops and the bow tie. It was a lot smoother than I expected and quirkier, with the cool cave station and the helix enclosed by a half mountain. I think if an owner came in, put some themeing elements into that helix, maybe added something to some of the longer drawn out turns and added some projection elements to the station, I think they could easily have a headlining attraction!

I have very fond memories of taking a field trip in 6th grade (late 90s and I live in Buffalo so not far from us) to Marineland. The best part of it all was riding Dragon Mountain. It’s a fun unique coaster that I thoroughly enjoyed riding.

Back again with some more pictures from my trip to Canada! The other park that I visited was Canada's Wonderland. This was the last of the Cedar Fair parks that I needed to visit and one that I'm glad I waited until the end! The lineup of coasters pre-2012 was quite frankly pathetic for a park serving one of the biggest metro areas in North America but with Behemoth (yeah, that was pre-2012) Leviathan and Yukon Striker, the park finally has some of the headliners it needs! Being a massive fan of B&Ms non-inverting models, I loved Leviathan and Behemoth (the former less than Fury and more than Orion and the latter more than Intimidator but less than Diamondback just to compare it with Carowinds and Kings Island) and thought that the rest of the coaster lineup was a solid B or C cast that ate up crowds like crazy. I'd love to see a better wooden coaster come to CW, maybe something great from GCI like Mystic or Goldstriker!

CW-3.jpg

CW-1.jpg

CW-2.jpg

One of my theme park related traditions every year is to take a trip to Cedar Point for Halloweekends. My family started it when I was a kid and I've continued doing it by myself even as we've all moved across the country. This year we went on closing weekend which miraculously managed to have good weather, including in the 60s(!!) on the Friday. I've gone to Cedar Point so much that I don't end up riding a ton but I always love going. Something about the atmosphere and my history with the park makes it among my favorite trips of the year. This year I brought my new 85mm lens and man, I'm in love with it. It's so sharp and the images out of it are so nice with minimal editing. Probably going to get my hands on the 14mm f1.8 and call my kit complete! (At least until the next new lens comes out :) )

IUExport-1.jpg

IUExport-2.jpg

IUExport-3.jpg

IUExport-4.jpg

IUExport-5.jpg

Thank you, I appreciate that both of you!

Gorgeous shots! What are you shooting on?

So I'm a Sony guy! My main camera is an A7III but I'm likely going to upgrade that to the A7RVI when it comes out. But these shots were on my A7SIII that I mostly use for video and low light shots! As far as glass goes, I've been loving my 85mm f1.4 but my main travel lens is the 24-105mm f4. Love the versatility!

One of my theme park related traditions every year is to take a trip to Cedar Point for Halloweekends. My family started it when I was a kid and I've continued doing it by myself even as we've all moved across the country. This year we went on closing weekend which miraculously managed to have good weather, including in the 60s(!!) on the Friday. I've gone to Cedar Point so much that I don't end up riding a ton but I always love going. Something about the atmosphere and my history with the park makes it among my favorite trips of the year. This year I brought my new 85mm lens and man, I'm in love with it. It's so sharp and the images out of it are so nice with minimal editing. Probably going to get my hands on the 14mm f1.8 and call my kit complete! (At least until the next new lens comes out :) )

View attachment 20166

View attachment 20167

View attachment 20168

View attachment 20169

View attachment 20170
This is so cool!

Just wanted to share a wonderful experience my family and I had at Lotte World Theme Park in Seoul, South Korea! We had such a blast together. From the moment we entered and saw the iconic Lotte World Castle, we were all in awe. My daughter couldn't contain her excitement as she dashed from one ride to another, especially loving the colorful carousel and the thrilling roller coasters. My wife and I enjoyed exploring the different themed zones, indulging in some delicious Korean snacks along the way. We also caught some fantastic live performances, including a lively parade that had us all dancing along. Lotte World truly offers something for everyone, making it the perfect family day out. And for those planning a trip to South Korea, I highly recommend checking out https://gowithguide.com/korea for personalized tours and experiences—they made our trip even more memorable! Happy adventures to all! 421678089_7951467884870189_5439952894823495409_n.jpg421698293_7951465061537138_6236200085392593144_n.jpg421705451_7951466961536948_8866941409915628028_n.jpg423692392_10227943317079800_5091061860010097200_n.jpg423694232_10227943315999773_6949387391964013161_n.jpg420656523_122114131796176440_8869036092784678995_n.jpg

I love Yukon! I really enjoyed my trip to Wonderland and look forward to heading back when they open up something big and new.

Between this and your night shots, great work as always!

So I was debating writing up an old school TR for my Japan trip but I ended up being lazy and not doing it. So please accept a series of pictures as an apology! Going in roughly reverse order of how I visited. My last park on the trip was Nagashima Spa Land. It took me about a full day to get from my hotel in Tokyo to where I was staying on resort at Spa Land (and I stopped at the Jet Coaster Otoko store in Nagoya too - a white whale so to speak of mine. The owner was super friendly and was super excited to talk coasters with me) but it was totally wroth it. I think NSL was my favorite amusement park in Japan. It really felt like a cleaner, smaller Cedar Point. Hakugei was as great as people say. Still not quite to the level of a Steel Vengeance or an Iron Gwazi in my eyes but a solid Tier 2 RMC. Steel Dragon blew me away with how fast and smooth it was. Some airtime but not as much as something like Magnum from what I remember. The rest of the coasters were fun with tons of interesting quirky coasters like the Togo Heartline coaster or the shuttle loop. Plus my hotel was incredible with free access to the onsen (which I sadly didn't have time for) to the free breakfast and dinner all you can eat buffets with sashimi cut to order, I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it. Hopefully they open up another big coaster soon so I have an excuse to go back!

NSL-4.jpg

NSL-3.jpg

NSL-2.jpg

NSL-1.jpg