Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gorgeous
:heart: Cedar Point is my home away from home! And definitely recommend Japan, such a beautiful country!

Going backwards in my trip, next is USJ! This was my first time at the park, I spent 3.5 days and I loved it so much. It truly felt like USF + IOA plus some old favorites. I took way too many pictures and I'll divide them up into three posts, first, this one will be just general park pics, then I'll do one specifically on the Pokemon shows and costumes at the park for Halloween and finally, I'll add some HHN shots!

I very much enjoyed just sitting out by the lagoon at night and enjoying the ambiance

Flying Dinosaur was a lot of fun even if the bigger B&Ms are usually just a one and done for me

It obviously wasn't open when I visited but it felt so good to see an old friend again, I just wish I could've seen it one more time!

Gorgeous pics!

Reactions: Galactus
GJ4sZw2agAACMPl

Reactions: Jake S
Continuing in my Japan trip, I made it to HHN! My first year in Japan and man, was it a weird one. The houses were a step up from something like Cedar Fair or Six Flags but a level below HHN in Orlando or Hollywood but the real focus was on the scare zones. Instead of crowds moving through them pretty continually, there were huge circles or ovals that would form around the actors who would kinda just wander around. A very different feel from the scare zones in Orlando or Hollywood but a lot of fun nevertheless!

This shot is my favorite. There were multiple actors that had these beautiful lit costumes. So cool!
HHNUSJ-2.jpg

HHNUSJ-3.jpg

HHNUSJ-1.jpg

Turkey-1.jpg

This handsome gentleman likes to hang around where I work, I think because one of the restaurants nearby feeds him. One day he didn't want to move out of the way and let me drive out so I took some pictures of him until he did. What beautiful feathers!

Some more Japan pictures! This time from a couple of smaller parks: Hirakata in Osaka, Yomiuriland and Tobu Zoo near Tokyo.

Japan-121.jpg
I spent 4 days at USJ but I took one of those mornings to head to Hirakata. It's a much smaller park and their Intamin woodie Elf was the highlight. Not particulary a standout coaster in the grand scheme of things but still a lot of fun! I adore that all of the parks seem to need to have these massive ferris wheels. I enjoyed this one that gave a great view of Osaka and the park as a whole.

Japan-112.jpg

Japan-108.jpg

Over at Yomiuriland, Bandit was the best coaster. According to Dick Kinzel it was this coaster that inspired Magnum at Cedar Point and kicked off the Coaster Wars of the 1990s and 2000s so I think it for its service! It was very smooth and a lot of fun even though it didn't have Magnum level airtime.

Japan-102.jpg

Japan-99.jpg

Japan-101.jpg

I don't think I can say enough good things about Kawasemi and Tobu Zoo. I've been looking forward to riding one of these since reading TPR's glowing reviews in my teenage years. One of my other enthusiast friends told me that the Megalite that he'd done in Europe (Piraten IIRC) was underwhelming so I went in with my expectations low and they were BLOWN away. Imagine a smaller but maybe even more intense Maverick at Cedar Point. The airtime moments are STRONG and the turns stuff you into your seat, to the point of grayouts (it also probably didn't help that it was warm and I was so excited I wasn't drinking enough). Thankfully there was only a train wait most of the day so in between riding the other coasters, getting pictures and exploring the zoo, I ended up with 7 rides. The second best coaster of the trip behind Hakugei and even that's a very close comparison!

Reactions: Jake S