Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you :thumbs:

I was right at the end of Las Olas Blvd at the beach entrance for the second shot and the first one was about 1ooft or so to the left of that sign standing across the street in front of a club/restaurant. Not sure where the Marriott is compared to where I was.

ohhh, beautiful area. I just thought the courtyard you were on looked like the Marriott Towers and got a little excited :lol:. No matter where you stay, Ft Lauderdale is great.

Mike how much if any of these shots are altered in post? I love long exposure shots at night and seeing these sunrise shots definitely gives me some more ideas of when to use them elsewhere

Mike how much if any of these shots are altered in post? I love long exposure shots at night and seeing these sunrise shots definitely gives me some more ideas of when to use them elsewhere

They are all pretty much altered in some way or another. One of these days ill start a thread that shows my work flow but for the most part I dont get crazy with tons of layers and masking. I start in Lighroom and use that as my home base so to say. I wont do much to start (maybe some crop, spot removal, cloning) with so from there I send it to Nik Color Efex and the two filters I use a lot are the pro contrast filter and detail enhancer to give a lot of these pictures the pop as its so called, lol. Then once done there I send it back over to LR and will make the usual adjustments to my liking. Now here is one difference ive noticed now with the A99, with my A55 I would work on in Photoshop after this point and run it thru the high pass sharpening but with the A99 they have been coming out pretty sharp and havent felt the need to do that just yet. So really it sounds like a lot but really im only putting 5 mins or so into post processing each photo so not too bad.

Here is the original photo for comparison sake. Nothing earth shattering and really was just one of those shots I took to get some setting straight and see where I was at.

DSC08382 by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thank you :thumbs:

I was right at the end of Las Olas Blvd at the beach entrance for the second shot and the first one was about 1ooft or so to the left of that sign standing across the street in front of a club/restaurant. Not sure where the Marriott is compared to where I was.

- - - Updated - - -

These were both manual. For the most part I shoot everything manual.

Exposure 8 seconds for the first shot and 10 for the second
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 100

- - - Updated - - -

I woke up at 5 and was out the door by 5:45am and still didn't have enough time with these amazing colors the sky provided me

Serenity by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

This shot is just awesome! The colors on the horizon are just unreal.

9800674954_26a9e4303b_z_d.jpg

Reactions: Octobers Fade