Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The National Museum of Natural History is tied with the Louvre as my favorite Museums on the planet. I am uploading my second favorite Musem, The National Air and Space Museum, right now. They will be up shortly.

The National Air and Space Museum:
dsc0205z.jpg

dsc0171c.jpg

dsc0184s.jpg

dsc0175e.jpg

dsc0200q.jpg

dsc0180ioi.jpg

dsc0167g.jpg

dsc0166v.jpg

The End
dsc0204v.jpg

Last edited:
Now a short trip reposrt.

We got up at 3AM Sat. Morning. Drove 5 hours to DC. Got our tix for the Washington Monument. They are free, but they only give out 2400/day. We got our at 9:05AM and the earliest they had were for 1PM. We then walked the mile from the Washington Monument to the Capitol for some quick pics.

We then walked 3/4 mile back to the National Musem of Natural History for its 10AM opening. We RAN though the Museum and finished at Noon. I have about 175 pics from this museum. There is SOOOO much to see there. We could have easily spent the entire day there. But we had a lot more chit to see.

We walked the 1.25 miles from the museum to the Lincoln Mem. for some more quick pics. and then the mile back to The Washington Mon.

After that we ate lunch and then stormed The National Air and Space Museum. We caught Space Station 3D IMAX and Cosmic Collisions Planitarium movies and toured the rest of the museum. They tossed us out at 5:30 so we walked the 1.5 miles back to the car.

I got a quad shot white choc. mocha and then drove back to WV. We stopped at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Charlottesville and then finish the drive home. We got home right at 1AM. So I was awake for 22 hours, drove 700 miles with a 7 mile hike in the middle. Good thing I'm young. :p

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the trip report and pics yates! :rep:

Is it sad that whenever I see those Washington Monument pics all I can think of is Fallout? :lol:
I've been playing it too much recently...

The National Museum of Natural History is tied with the Louvre as my favorite Museums on the planet. I am uploading my second favorite Musem, The National Air and Space Museum, right now. They will be up shortly.

Those are my two favorites also!

I LOVE the Louvre! Its sooo big though that I feel like I need a few days to take everything in. :lol: I wish I had a scanner so I could post some of my pics from there. :(

We only hit 2 of the 14 museums of The Smithsonian. I would also have liked to taken in The National Museum of American History, and The National Portrait Gallery.

http://www.si.edu/

Also on the National Mall, but not part of The Smithsonian are The National Gallery of Art and The National Gallery of Modern Art.

http://www.nga.gov/home.htm

Only The Louvre can compare to the collection of museums around The National Mall. Throw in The monuments, memorials, The US Capito, and the White House and Washington, DC is an amazing place.

No, Natrual History has the Mastadon in the rotunda and the the Blue Whale. American History has The Declartion of Independance, Lincoln's Suit, The Am. Flag that Francis Scott Key veiwed that inspired the National Anthum. Along with pop culture stuff like Evil Knevil's motorcycle, Fonzi's Jacket, M*A*S*H stuff and the like.

For High School Graduation, my parents gave me a 14 day Caribbean cruise on this boat:

Windjammer.jpg

It was a vacation of a lifetime. And it was only $600. Of course that was 1982. That company is now out of business, but there is this one that has a 7-Day Caribbean Criuse for $1099.00. That is still a great deal for the experience. It even goes to Norman Island where you get to snorkle the treasure caves that inspired Stevenson to write Treasure Island. That was the highlight of the cruise I went on and I am glad to see it included on this on. I would do this anyday over a regular cruise.

http://www.infohub.com/TRAVEL/SIT/sit_pages/2455.html

Here is their boat:

img1295w.jpg

Last edited: