Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jaws3.jpg

Anybody ever watch Wishes from there? You go get a dole whip at Captain Cook's inside the resort and sit on the swing on the beach. Perfect view. Don't know if the Polynesian plays the music on the beach anymore, but it's truly spectacular.

My wife and I actually did this with some friends our first trip to the Orlando area back in 2009. Since we weren't going to any Disney parks (we only did Universal Orlando) we tried getting as much disney "magic" as we could by going to Downtown Disney and then finishing the Evening by watching the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from the beach of the Polynesian. We found some hamocks to actually watch the show from. Unfortunatly the Polynesian doesn't play the music though. However it was still incredible to watch and a night we will never forget. Makes me excited for the day I will finally get to watcdh the fireworks from inside the Magic Kingdom.

Day1Travel-Disney58.jpg

Day1Travel-Disney70.jpg

Anybody ever watch Wishes from there? You go get a dole whip at Captain Cook's inside the resort and sit on the swing on the beach. Perfect view. Don't know if the Polynesian plays the music on the beach anymore, but it's truly spectacular.
:iagree: I did that when I stayed at the Poly a few years ago, and it was amazing.

Illuminations!

IMG_9016.jpg

I shot this one last night at Epcot. I couldn't mess with the camera much as I was holding my 6 month old son so he could see the show too, but overall, i think it worked out.

More to come on with firework on the blog, just starting to experiment :)

Last edited:

I stayed at the polynesian a year ago (in the closest building to Captain Cook's (We learned about Dole Whip at that point and had it every day :lol:)) and we discovered our shower was leaking, so they put us across the hall. In the room with a view. A perfect view. We could literally see the Castle and the fireworks from our beds. It was . . . the best mistake in the world. Not to mention, they had the little spectromagic floats going around the lake, too. Best experience in a disney hotel room ever.

And elhajj33, your pictures are breath-taking.