Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 486 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
8657295042_b5ab915e33_b.jpg

Why is the train so empty?

EDIT: meant to say great photo as well!

It was taken last November and was there for the early am AP preview of New Fanastyland. Just so happened to head over to BTM right after and just so lucked out with a near empty train. There was a few people behind me also. And thank you :thumbs:

I'm not sure Teebs. Maybe HM55 or someone else who goes to MK more often may be able to answer. :shrug:

No clue what they are used for, may some banner or something. Xmas decorations maybe :shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

I would imagine the winches from bobwadd's picture are used for the screen that is in place for the Magic, Memories, and You (do not remember current name)

I think they just project everything onto the castle itself. Not sure if they use any screens at all.

Main Street by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Tried to find a wide shot of those winches and this is the best i have while at work and unable to crop in further. Could they be used for some sort of backdrop during one of the day shows? Or maybe something that was used in the past but no longer used. Maxair Mike might know this one. Oooooh Maxair

No clue what they are used for, may some banner or something. Xmas decorations maybe :shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

I think they just project everything onto the castle itself. Not sure if they use any screens at all.

Building on friars picture. They are indeed for projections during the Magic, Memories and You projections. I attended a presentation put on by Disney's live entertainment department at USITT a couple years ago and they specifically mentioned this apparatus. Before the show starts, (in a black out I assume), the winches hoist a scrim up painted to look like the balcony it covers allowing for a nice projection surface. They told us a lot of really cool facts about the show,the projection specs, and housings. Although I can't remember all the specifics.

Edit: And love that picture Hockeyman^, getting me pumped! Lol

Last edited: