Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

WTF? Really Disney? You're using THIS things music in your parks? Uggh...I don't even know him and I already can't stand him just by reading that...

I know they wanted to wait until AFTER the summer, but honestly... if they're planning to relocate/retheme Flik's Flyers into Inside Out, they should've had closed it months ago so it could be ready to open with the rethemed Incredicoaster. Although its a fairly lazy way to incorporate Inside Out.

I still think its stupid they didn't even bother to add an actual NEW Pixar themed ride to the area. Hell, give us the RC Racer half-pipe that Paris has. Something.

The fact that they are re-themeing King Triton's Carousel into Toy Story instead of just relocating it to be closer to Little Mermaid is beyond stupid. They could've easily relocated it and put a new ride there in its place.

I'm just still baffled by this whole unnecessary retheme of Paradise Pier.

So as we know, the $300 previews did not sell out. If you thought that was bad, apparently it can get much worse as they're now doing this...just giving away free tickets.

Right in the very thread, it's also being reported that they're now unblocking the silver passes for this weekend and the next. I hate to say it, but I was right, they literally paid money to revert back into DCA 1.0!

Disney: "You wanna see Pixar Pier early? That's gonna cost ya 300 smackaroos! Muahahaha! We're gonna be rich!"

Next week:

So as we know, the $300 previews did not sell out. If you thought that was bad, apparently it can get much worse as they're now doing this...just giving away free tickets.

Right in the very thread, it's also being reported that they're now unblocking the silver passes for this weekend and the next. I hate to say it, but I was right, they literally paid money to revert back into DCA 1.0!

Honestly, I'm surprised Disney didn't have the balls to raise the ticket price because of Pixar Pier.... oh well, that'll happen next year with Star Wars Land, and then twice more with both Marvel Land phases. They will never learn... USH hasn't..

Is the heat this week causing the Incredicoaster to be closed. The attraction was closed almost all day yesterday and today. Midway Mania has also been closed.

Is the heat this week causing the Incredicoaster to be closed. The attraction was closed almost all day yesterday and today. Midway Mania has also been closed.
Niles on TPI said that on Friday they closed the rides, like Big Thunder Mt. down that had mostly outdoor queues, due to the extreme heat. Probably the case with those two rides also.

Last edited:

My wife's there today with our two older kids and she said Incredicoaster was supposed to open back up around 1-2 pm so I don't think it had anything to do with the extreme heat, but rather due to some technical issues. It actually didn't open back up until 9 pm (an hour before park closing) and the line quickly jumped to a 90-min. wait time. Luckily, she had Fastpasses from the morning.

So did we just never get the finished neon, Luxo Jr animatronic, or Bing Bong sculpt? Did they think we'd just forget?

Honestly, I'm giving Bing Bong the benefit of the doubt; considering the Fliks Flyers reskin coming in the spring, but I am still shocked to see Luxo and the Neon not there.