Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar's Soul

I mean....well duh what else was there? But also well deserved both on music and just in general a great animated film
Wolfwalkers was a good movie over at Netflix and i'd honestly argue Onward was the better Pixar movie of the year, Soul just was more of an awards movie.

Wolfwalkers was a good movie over at Netflix and i'd honestly argue Onward was the better Pixar movie of the year, Soul just was more of an awards movie.
I agree with Wolfwalkers being a good contender, but Onward was definitely good but not better than Soul

I'll have to watch Wolfwalkers but....while Onward has a cool ending/message the movie is not as well put togeather to me its like Good Dinosaur sure its not some cash in film and its nice to look at and sure the people behind it put love into it...but it was just not done in the best way.

Pixar movies for the most part just work the idea's, chracters and world all just feel right....parts of Onward just were boring and not really special. Think Soul has a little bit of pacing issues in the middle as well but no where near Onward which so many scenes are just slow and feel like they are there for a "gag" to be like haha its funny because its from your daily life but with elf.
Next year could be interesting with Rava vs what Pixar puts out but even then I'll place my bets on Pixar winning again because while Disney films are magical...Pixar just goes all in on deeper themes and more based on life than letting magic solve the issues like in most Disney films.

Just watched Wolfwalkers. I think I would still give the edge to Soul (probably in the minority there) but a fantastic movie nonetheless. At very least 2020 had the common courtesy to provide us two terrific animated movies.

Last edited: