Popeye (2016) | Inside Universal Forums

Popeye (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
New Popeye film coming out from the creators of Hotel Transylvania...Thoughts on what this could mean for Toon Lagoon, if anything?

[video=youtube;i4tNuM9XttM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM[/video]

I liked the clip. Even though he lacks the tattoo or pipe. I think the movie could be a hit. But TL may be gone by then, who knows? Popeye isn't the problem with TL anyway.

as of right now, nothing...but that said; I LOVE this. Something about it makes me kinda reminding myself of the classic popeye.. and I don't mind the new VA of Popeye... we haven't seen final product that's why i'm reseving any other thoughts.

I say with the remakes of Popeye, Dudley and Betty boop coming our way. Toon lagoon could become one of the most relevant areas in the resort especially if they're hits (they definitely will be). That's why I've always said they should hold off on closing the island. But anyways this movie looks cool, love the style but sony animations track record of terrible movies worries me. Hopefully it'll be their first good movie, Popeye was a giant part of my childhood and it would suck to see it butchered

Keep in mind this wasn't a trailer or even a clip - it was a proof of concept animation test. This isn't officially in development *yet,* but positive buzz as a result of this release could lead to an announcement.

Keep in mind this wasn't a trailer or even a clip - it was a proof of concept animation test. This isn't officially in development *yet,* but positive buzz as a result of this release could lead to an announcement.

Actually, yes it is. It's true this is just a test, but the film is happening in 2016.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts