Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something else to consider, how many stupid people that only buy a one park pass are going to wait in line only to find out they can't ride the train? LOTS. They better be really clear at the front gate on who can and cannot ride.

They would not be "stupid." I would not expect to have to go to another park to ride the Hulk after riding Spider-man.
It would be asinine, IMO, if Universal makes guests do that.

WWOHP is fantastic, but if they was to expand it and build over LC AND build more Potter in place of Jaws, it'll lose a lot of its charm. The idea of the Hogwarts Express going from IOA to US is a neat idea, but too much Potter can ruin the rest of the resort. I like Potter films, books, the ride is in my top 3, and I welcome the idea of an expansion in IOA, but not another part in place of Jaws. WWOHP has not long opened and is the newest thing at Universal Resort, so to update the parks with more Potter straight away seems mad. By all means expand WWOHP in place of Lost Continent (this is inevitable) but please don't build more in place of Amity. Bring in a fresh idea!

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I know this would never happen but Universal could invest in the Adventures of TinTin so far its been doing well in box office & has really good reviews but they probably wont invest in it =/

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Poseidon's Fury has always reminded me of the scenes from Chamber of Secrets. I would miss the area if it goes, it's a pretty spectacular exterior.

I am really hoping that PF gets a HP overlay. I think it is an amazing attraction that would be even more amazing if people could relate to the story line.

That being said, I am over the moon about the HP expansion. I want UO to make Disney eat their lunch.

I was thinking the other day about the whole Potter thing, and I remembered how crowded and cramped Hogsmede was when I went...Imagine how much easier it will be to get around having it expanded...I fear Diagon Alley may suffer a same issue when it opens though.

I don't think there will be a Hogwarts Express train connecting the two parks for a number of reason:
1. Having to check everyone's ticket to make sure they had a 2 park, park-to-park ticket would be a huge headache, and really hold up the lines.
2. Construction and operation of a train that runs backstage would be a logistical nightmare.
3. There really is no room to do this backstage.
4. There would no longer be a Macy's parade because of lack of space and clearance for balloons and floats.
5. Mardi Gras may have to be ended for the same reasons.

I do think there will be an expansion of Potter, most likely in Amity/Jaws, but who knows, perhaps it will be LC and Amity is going to be something entirely different. I think Marvel will be here for a while, or else Universal would not have spent the money to update Spiderman. However, Marvel could lend itself very well to a LOTR theme-"Escape from Mt Doom" coaster, "Two Towers" free fall ride, and a mines of Moria or something like it in Spidey's place.

Hey, I could be wrong, I just can't see a train happening, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for something LOTR related sometime, I hope I hope I hope.

And as far as theming, story lines, etc, go, most guests either have no idea or just plain don't care that this attraction has a good ending or that the storyline on whatever makes sense. In fact, a lot of people ride stuff and have no idea what they've been on. You all forget that we are NOT the average theme park goer-most people aren't the fanatics that we are.

I don't think there will be a Hogwarts Express train connecting the two parks for a number of reason:
1. Having to check everyone's ticket to make sure they had a 2 park, park-to-park ticket would be a huge headache, and really hold up the lines.
2. Construction and operation of a train that runs backstage would be a logistical nightmare.
4. There would no longer be a Macy's parade because of lack of space and clearance for balloons and floats.

I do think there will be an expansion of Potter, most likely in Amity/Jaws, but who knows, perhaps it will be LC and Amity is going to be something entirely different. I think Marvel will be here for a while, or else Universal would not have spent the money to update Spiderman. However, Marvel could lend itself very well to a LOTR theme-"Escape from Mt Doom" coaster, "Two Towers" free fall ride, and a mines of Moria or something like it in Spidey's place.

Hey, I could be wrong, I just can't see a train happening, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for something LOTR related sometime, I hope I hope I hope.

My initial reaction was somewhat the same as yours. I could not imagine that they would bolster Potter with this much more money and extreme expansion. When it started to become evident they probably were going to mega expand I was forced to reconsider.

So, you have to turn the idea around on yourself. You are a UC designer and you are requested to come up with 10 different ideas how a train could be built between the two parks and overcome any obstacles. If you can't, then you're fired.

Those are interesting ideas for LotR, but I still think we're gonna get Potter in Jaws.

I agree that the train really seems very difficult to accomplish with the current backlot arrangement. But who knows, maybe we'll be (pleasantly) surprised if they find a way to make it happen, like with elevated tracks. And I think it's been mentioned somewhere that there is or there will be a new parade building and new offices built elsewhere in the resort that could make way for the Hogwarts Express. We'll find out soon enough. That's the beauty of this site :D If it's not info we get, it's pictures. We always eventually find out :D

In all honesty nothing states that the train simply might not run during parade times. Honestly people lol.... if you were just lay down plain train tracks backstage with little arrangement, all you would have to do and communicate during parades (which most of the time are at the end of the day) that operations are suspended from 5:00pm to park close. Then for normal day use, you would have Railroad crossing gates like you have at other theme parks, and zoos for backstage traffic. Really not hard to work around, just an adjustment.

ta da problem solved.

What if part of the project involves moving certain facilities to the other side of the park? Maybe over by the parade building :look:

I don't think a lot of you understand how cramped for space Universal is; there is almost nowhere to expand, other than those couple of empty lots/fields, one by the RP hotel, the other on Turkey Lake Rd. There isn't enough office space now, I can't imagine how it would be if all those buildings were taken out. There is some space out by the parade building, but really, not all that much.

I don't think a lot of you understand how cramped for space Universal is; there is almost nowhere to expand, other than those couple of empty lots/fields, one by the RP hotel, the other on Turkey Lake Rd. There isn't enough office space now, I can't imagine how it would be if all those buildings were taken out. There is some space out by the parade building, but really, not all that much.

No, I think we all understand that.

And I think some of us here either know or have a good idea on how they'll work around these problems.

In all honesty nothing states that the train simply might not run during parade times. Honestly people lol.... if you were just lay down plain train tracks backstage with little arrangement, all you would have to do and communicate during parades (which most of the time are at the end of the day) that operations are suspended from 5:00pm to park close. Then for normal day use, you would have Railroad crossing gates like you have at other theme parks, and zoos for backstage traffic. Really not hard to work around, just an adjustment.

ta da problem solved.

Erik, you also forgot they "could" reroute the parade through a different vehicle gate such as using Hollywood's rather than Beetlejuice. with hard rock gone there is no overpass to worry about on that side of the park. Would Mardi Gras be able to go in and out of that gate though is a good question. I would assume go from hollywood to new york to production back to Hollywood and back out that gate backstage might be long enough if they remove one float. and with macy's it's short enough for that route already but would require the VIP area and tree to move... that or install new speaker system with zones so they would still have santa hold for lighting the tree... then continue on his way but not have everyone in the route hear him light the tree...

I think Uni needs to start building vertically acking, like they did with the parking garage, start satcking and make good use of what little land they have. I think they should have made the space where the apartments are back stage/service areas other than zoning reasons .

i spoke to someone. poseidon is rated the lowest in guest surveys and IS in fact on its way out

Just remember, the company does not tell any of the employees outside of its Creative department the plans it has.

I would keep in mind that it is unlikely Poseidon will go anywhere, anytime soon as they just recently finished catwalk reconstruction and did a rehab period on it.

Just remember, the company does not tell any of the employees outside of its Creative department the plans it has.

I would keep in mind that it is unlikely Poseidon will go anywhere, anytime soon as they just recently finished catwalk reconstruction and did a rehab period on it.

Plus what would they do with it? I doubt they would leave a large space like that empty in a relatively low-key (attraction-wise) island. And there's nothing really to put in its place that fits the theme or the idea that rides should have marketing tie-ins. Not to mention there are so many other projects to worry about. I'd say PF is safe for a while longer.