Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pricing

Dec 21, 2016
Sorry I'm not sure where to ask this, but how often do room/package prices change. I'm looking to book an upcoming trip for October and I swear every time. I price it out the prices all seem to fluctuate. I notice it's gone up $50 since yesterday... Is there any rhyme or reason for this? Is there any way to predict how the prices will change?

Sorry I'm not sure where to ask this, but how often do room/package prices change. I'm looking to book an upcoming trip for October and I swear every time. I price it out the prices all seem to fluctuate. I notice it's gone up $50 since yesterday... Is there any rhyme or reason for this? Is there any way to predict how the prices will change?
Clear your cookies or use a VPN. They know what you looked at.

Oh, you can build a package cheaper than they will sell you one usually.

Prices will fluctuate often depending on availability. As the rooms get booked up, prices will tend to rise, or if lots of rooms free up, the prices could drop again.

One thing that happens sometimes is conventions will book up large blocks of room well ahead of time, lowering availability and subsequently increasing prices for the rooms that remain. But then in one fell swoop they can cancel them and put a ton back up for availability (at lower prices).

For these reasons, I NEVER book packages. Packages usually have a penalty if you want to change your reservation in some way. If you book room only, you can cancel for free up to a week before your arrival. Then as time goes on if you find that the rate is lowered, you can just cancel your existing booking and re-book at the lower rate.