Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haven't they been forcing most of the HHN/seasonal TMs to park in the main garages for the past few years? I thought that was why they converted all the exit turnstiles at the parks to also allow for TM entry.
Yep. The vast majority of HHN comes in through City Walk.

Reactions: tankart150
Lately, TM parking behind USF has been hitting capacity most days (if not, all) of the week before 2:00 PM. This parking garage expansion is much needed.

If there is a thread for this then I can’t find it. Does anyone know if this new addition will be connected to the current garage or will it have it’s own little entrance?

If there is a thread for this then I can’t find it. Does anyone know if this new addition will be connected to the current garage or will it have it’s own little entrance?

I imagine it will connect to the current parking lot. Just knock the walls down and voila.

Back to the transport debate. I’d love to see something similar to what’s in use at Heathrow.

ULTra (rapid transit) - Wikipedia

Price wise it seems like a bargain compare to the other options. It allows for easy expansion plus multiple stops.

The idea of having it being able to go between the current CityWalk, Volcano Bay, Endless Summer and the new resort directly without multiple stops is an intriguing one.

I wonder how fast they could have those run. I would imagine that the hike from north to south should be under 10 minutes for this to feel like a connected resort experience.

Perhaps they might implement the video screens from Hogwarts Express to block out the surrounding elements along the trip.

This is for everyone that loves to say that the TM lot doesn't fill up and it's prime park expansion space:
DsJ-e27VsAA_I3b.jpg

And Yes, many of those cars on the ground parking will be able to fit into the garage expansion once it opens, but then all of the people who are currently having to park in CityWalk because this lot fills up everyday will actually be able to park here again!

This is for everyone that loves to say that the TM lot doesn't fill up and it's prime park expansion space:
DsJ-e27VsAA_I3b.jpg

And Yes, many of those cars on the ground parking will be able to fit into the garage expansion once it opens, but then all of the people who are currently having to park in CityWalk because this lot fills up everyday will actually be able to park here again!
Looking at the photo, it would awesome if Uni built a conveyor sky-walk that went all the way from the East side of the garage to Gate 3.

Reactions: tankart150
Looking at the photo, it would awesome if Uni built a conveyor sky-walk that went all the way from the East side of the garage to Gate 3.
You mean Gate 2? It certainly would, but that’s something that would need to be maintained and would really only serve to make it so TMs don’t have to walk a rather short stretch.

They have invested a rather large amount in Gate 2 improvements over the past year though, it’s actually a very pleasant experience now. The new building is slowly opening with the garage not far behind.

The new team member parking garage is going to open tomorrow (Friday the 14th) at 9:00 AM. :) "The newly expanded area will provide approximately 800 additional parking spaces for Team Members!"
Just in time for the holiday rush.

Last edited:
In case anyone hasn't seen the finished expansion. Also the change for TM security is finished and the new building is now in use. I've heard there are plans for a second garage that would be built up against Vineland, much like how the current one backs up to Turkey Lake.

And, it appears the old security booth has been relocated to the new property, serving now a security gate at the construction entrance off of Destination Pkwy where all the dump trucks are coming and going.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Teebin
And, it appears the old security booth has been relocated to the new property, serving now a security gate at the construction entrance off of Destination Pkwy where all the dump trucks are coming and going.
Idk if that's the same one. There really wan't much to it and it was pretty run down. It'd be a minor miracle if they actually got that thing over there in one piece.

Reactions: Legacy
In case anyone hasn't seen the finished expansion. Also the change for TM security is finished and the new building is now in use. I've heard there are plans for a second garage that would be built up against Vineland, much like how the current one backs up to Turkey Lake.

From how it was described to me, it’s going to be a square-shaped garage in the middle of the current parking lot, bordered by the existing roadways in the lot at present.

They can’t build a structure over the old retention pond that’s already in use as a parking lot (near the current drop-off circle). That’s the old flood zone area. And they aren’t planned to build right up to Vineland, so maybe that will be used for future plans, construction staging, etc? More parking hopefully means more room for expansion in the future (or taking an area like KidZone and stuffing it full of new attractions/shops/etc, like the transition from Jaws to Diagon Alley).