Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

PYQ Coming to CityWalk

@attractions also posted this photo of the store's interior.

ibyRDfIiIsxFnf.png

Essentially it's Uni's answer to the style of products at the TrenD store at Downtown Disney. Think chic, vibrant, quirky type merchandise, mainly geared toward a female demographic. However, PYQ probably wont have any merch with a Uni logo or theme (as far as I know).
Actually there's many stores in DtD West side far more like this than Tren-D. Tren-D is more of a women's clothing/Accessory store (sort of like a lesser Apricot Lane). There's many stores on DtD West Side that most don't even notice that are very similar to this. Pop Gallery near the AMC is one that comes to mind.

Last edited:
I checked out this store yesterday. Nothing that I could see myself actually buying but they have some crazy, unique and hilarious stuff. Had a good time in there goofing around!

Here's the official press release from Uni.

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT DEBUTS FIRST-EVER PYQ STORE
AT UNIVERSAL CITYWALK

Exciting New Retail Concept from The Sarut Group is Now Open

ibttTpz1zsQU7z.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. (September 17, 2012) – Universal Orlando Resort is debuting an exciting new retail concept at Universal CityWalk. The new store, PYQ (pronounced “pick”) will feature a fun and innovative product line of unique gifts, toys, household items and personal accessories guaranteed to bring a smile to guests’ faces.

Guests of all ages will enjoy the colorful, 1000-square foot retail environment, located next to Fresh Produce. The walls will be lined with extraordinary merchandise such as butterfly-shaped headphones, Rubik’s cube USB speakers, interactive golf game coffee mugs and more.

The Sarut Group, an internationally acclaimed leader in the gift industry, designed PYQ to put a creative twist on everyday items. The company is the exclusive U.S. distributor of Pylones, the French design firm whose retail boutiques punctuate New York City with color and whimsy.

PYQ is now open. For more information on Universal CityWalk, visit www.CityWalkOrlando.com. For more information on The Sarut Group, visit www.TheSarutGroup.com.

It's a cute little store, fun to browse, everything seems reasonably priced. Pretty much a perfect fit for CityWalk.

It's a decent fit and with prime location I think they'll do well there, but it's not something that I have any interest in ever stepping foot into. Then again, i'm not really the target demo here. I'm sensing they're more going after families on vacation, as those are the types who would go into a place like that.

Better for consistency and creating the brand among its customer base. Good decision.