Quarantine watchlist | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Quarantine watchlist

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Uncut Gems is right there with Parasite and Booksmart as my favorites of last year. What an f’ing ride that film is.

Adding Booksmart to my list since Uncut Gems and Parasite were two of my favorites from last year. Thanks!

A few recommendations for anyone interested:

Mid 90s (Amazon) - Excellent coming of age tale directed by Johan Hill. Really gives you 90s nostalgia and was much different than I expected.

Honey Boy (Amazon) - Shia Lebouf's semi-autobiographical film about his abusive father. Bittersweet and well acted. Probably Lebouf's best role.

Climax (Amazon) - Intense experimental dance film by Noe Gaspar. This is one that'll take a few weeks for you to shake off. Highly recommended for fans of Suspiria.

Radiohead Live at Bonnaroo 2006 (You Tube) - Widely considered the band's best performance and longest to date. Jonny Greenwood is particularly fun to watch as he adds many improvised flairs to Radiohead's song arrangements. Great starting place for anyone curious as to why Radiohead's one of the greatest bands in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Uncut Gems is right there with Parasite and Booksmart as my favorites of last year. What an f’ing ride that film is.
I really enjoyed it, but I actually liked Joker a tad more. Booksmart was great, too. Talk about a directorial debut by Olivia Wilde.

Adding Booksmart to my list since Uncut Gems and Parasite were two of my favorites from last year. Thanks!

A view recommendations for anyone interested:

Mid 90s (Amazon) - Excellent coming of age tale directed by Johan Hill. Really gives you 90s nostalgia and had a much different than I expected.

Honey Boy (Amazon) - Shia Lebouf's semi-autobiographical film about his abusive father. Bittersweet and well acted. Probably Lebouf's best role.

Climax (Amazon) - Intense experimental dance film by Noe Gaspar. This is one that'll take a few weeks for you to shake off. Highly recommended for fans of Suspiria.

Radiohead Live at Bonnaroo 2006 (You Tube) - Widely considered the band's best performance and longest to date. Jonny Greenwood is particularly fun to watch as he adds many improvised flairs to Radiohead's song arrangements. Great starting place for anyone curious as to why Radiohead's one of the greatest bands in the world.
Honey Boy is on my short list to watch coming up. I’ve heard great things.

I watched Sword Of Trust yesterday starting Marc Marin, Michaela Watkins, Jillian Bell, and Will Blum and I loved it. I found it hilarious tbh filled with great performances. It’s more of a “hangout with these characters” movie then a plot driven comedy but this is exactly what I wanted. A bit weird so anyone who’s into that stuff then I think you’ll enjoy it!

Couldn’t stand Uncut Gems... watched it two months ago and I hated it.

Watched the first season of Succession and enjoyed it.

Watched the brief A Very English Scandal and it was campy and cheaply made. The lighting in one interior scene was so bad it looked like it was from a stage show.

Watching the first season of Mr Robot. 1st ep was really good but now it is bogged down over extemporizing drug trips and quirky sex that adds nothing to the story. But Rami Malek is a very believable mess of a human.

If anyone has HBO, be sure to catch the Teen Titans Go! movie before it leaves on July 1. There are so many great jokes about superhero movies in this one that it left me in stitches. I can't recommend it enough. If you are a comic book fan, it is your duty to watch this!

Reactions: Legacy