Quarantine watchlist | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Quarantine watchlist

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally got around to watching Uncut Gems the other day. Really enjoyed the stress filled thrill ride that it was, and has a really good soundtrack. Available on Netflix in every other country than the US, and in the US if you have a VPN or rent it like I did!

I need to add this to my watchlist.

It is one of my favorites of all time for sure, could not recommend Uncut Gems enough.
Also, others may have mentioned it but Jojo Rabbit is great as well and I believe on Prime and possibly Hulu. Don’t wanna give away much, but a lot of it is about finding hope in the worst of times. It’s oddly the perfect movie for right now in my opinion in many different ways.

I’ve noted it before I’m sure, but, the Donald Glover episode of SNL from season 43 might be one of my favorites of all time. Not really a weak sketch, and AMAZING musical performances. As a pretty big SNL fan, I can really say only his episode delivered on ALL cylinders in the last few years. That means Cold Open, Monologue, sketches, weekend update, AND musical performances.

His is the best imo, John Mulaney, Chance, Adam Sandler, Saoirse Ronan, Sterling K Brown, Phoebe Waller Bridge, David Harbour, both Will Ferrell’s (including cut for times! They’re on YouTube!), and Eddie Murphy are the best of seasons 43+. I recommend them for anyone who needs a laugh! They’ve helped me these last few really rough days for me so I think they’ll help anyone right now

Reactions: Grabnar
So far, i've watched....

TV
Tiger King
The Morning Show
Atlanta (S1 & 2)
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez
A bunch of Netflix comedy specials
The Last Dance (just started last night on ESPN... extremely well done if you're into the NBA)
Little Fires Everywhere

Movies
A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
Onward
Frozen 2
A Quiet Place
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
Bumblebee
Parasite
Big Time Adolescence (Highly recommend - sort of similar to Super Bad with some heart)

I'm gonna leave this trailer her for Big Time Adolescence since I think it truly is one of the best coming of age movies in many years:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
^^^ Oh I gotta see that. Love Pete Davidson.

I’d also add the Rachel Brosnahan/Greta Van Fleet episode from SNL last season to your watch list.

I’ve been watching an ungodly amount of television and films. Some highlights that I’d never seen before...

Apocalypse Now (HBO)
It: Chapter 2 (HBO)
Good Boys (HBO)
Pink Floyd Live In Pompeii (YouTube)
Radiohead Live From A Tent In Dublin (YouTube)
The Fly (Starz)
Akira (Hulu)
The Good Place (Netflix)
The Larry Sanders Show (HBO)
The Deuce (HBO)

So far have watched
Emma (good but just worth one watch/rent for me)
Little Women (really enjoyed this worth a buy and a second watch at some point)
Birds of Prey (its fine, i did enjoy the ending and Black Mask was great but the movie pacing was off and just I don't care about Harley she is like an unfunny deadpool)
Dr Sleep Directors Cut (liked this film a lot in theaters and wished it was a mini series...then this verson game out which is 3 hours and basically a mini series at that length. a soild sequel to a film we don't need but glad they made)
Superman Red Son (liked it a lot, the first animated DC comic film I really enoyed since The Knight Returns. If you like Superman go watch this)
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (fine, think its much weaker than mask of the phantasm and no idea why this isn't just a two part episode in the series...its good but not worth being called a animated film)

Lastly watching South Park Season 1....man the mini commentary of Matt and Trey before each episode is worth the price of the Blueray set alone.

So far have watched
Emma (good but just worth one watch/rent for me)
Little Women (really enjoyed this worth a buy and a second watch at some point)
Birds of Prey (its fine, i did enjoy the ending and Black Mask was great but the movie pacing was off and just I don't care about Harley she is like an unfunny deadpool)
Dr Sleep Directors Cut (liked this film a lot in theaters and wished it was a mini series...then this verson game out which is 3 hours and basically a mini series at that length. a soild sequel to a film we don't need but glad they made)
Superman Red Son (liked it a lot, the first animated DC comic film I really enoyed since The Knight Returns. If you like Superman go watch this)
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (fine, think its much weaker than mask of the phantasm and no idea why this isn't just a two part episode in the series...its good but not worth being called a animated film)

Lastly watching South Park Season 1....man the mini commentary of Matt and Trey before each episode is worth the price of the Blueray set alone.

I tried watching Birds of Prey but I had to switch it off after about 20 mins. I find Harley about as irratating as someone scratching their nails down a blackboard.

Not the thread but HBO Max is going to have a new The Shining mini series which I'm looking forward to:

I have just finished watching Ozark season 3. It's amazingly good, but I needed to watch something fun and cheerful afterwards!

I tried watching Birds of Prey but I had to switch it off after about 20 mins. I find Harley about as irratating as someone scratching their nails down a blackboard.

Not the thread but HBO Max is going to have a new The Shining mini series which I'm looking forward to:

I have just finished watching Ozark season 3. It's amazingly good, but I needed to watch something fun and cheerful afterwards!
Yeah, its a pretty meh film so I don't blame you. I had it on as i was working so got though it.

Also nice, I hope its good and a reason to have HBO max for a little bit.

Movies and shows I have seen so far

- City Of God: Amazing movie. Very dark and brutal. This actually one of my favorite international movies of all time as if right now. (I have yet to see Parasite)

- ALIENS: Been a while since I saw it. Decided to rewatch it, and I love it again. I think I prefer this film over ALIEN. Action packed, intense, claustrophobic, and sometimes even scary!

- Money Heist: Love this show so far. Currently on season 3, it’s okay as if right now, but man this show is crazy and intense. I HIGHLY suggest you watch it if you haven’t!

- Tiger King: Holy hell.... what a show this is. This show is frickin crazy. Each episode gets worse and worse when we learn more about these people and what they did. I thought this just gonna be a zoo owner vs an animal rights activist, but no, it’s MORE than that. Anyways, this show was amazing and shocking.

- Better Call Saul: So far, season 4 is alright, it’s not bad. I’m stuck on watching Money Heist, so I’m going to try to finish this after Money Heist. Right now, I don’t love the season much more than season 1, but hopefully that changes.

Movies and shows I have seen so far
- City Of God: Amazing movie. Very dark and brutal. This actually one of my favorite international movies of all time as if right now. (I have yet to see Parasite)

Always glad to see some love for City of God. One of my all time favorites.

Reactions: Jaden
Just watched the original Avengers for the first time in years. Say what you will about Justice league and Age of Ultron, but this was such a well-crafted movie and what I loved most about it on a re-watch was that Whedon tried his hardest to really focus on the team aspect and give them fairly equal screen time. Hulk also kicked some major ass in this film and honestly, so did Hawkeye. It's really a shame that in the Russo Brothers movies (Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame) that Hulk was sort of downgraded a lot and never got to have a shining HULK SMASH moment in any of those movies.

For the first time ever, I just watched Quentin Tarantino’s Django: Unchained. Fantastic movie. A nice homage to the classic Western films mixed with Tarantino violence. Characters are amazing, fantastic cinematography, and an awesome screenplay. Probably #4 for my favorite Tarantino films. Ive been going through a Tarantino marathon and when I found out this was on Netflix, I HAD to give this a watch. I recommend you guys watch it if you haven’t.

So far, i've watched....

TV
Tiger King
The Morning Show
Atlanta (S1 & 2)
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez
A bunch of Netflix comedy specials
The Last Dance (just started last night on ESPN... extremely well done if you're into the NBA)
Little Fires Everywhere

Movies
A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
Onward
Frozen 2
A Quiet Place
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
Bumblebee
Parasite
Big Time Adolescence (Highly recommend - sort of similar to Super Bad with some heart)

I'm gonna leave this trailer her for Big Time Adolescence since I think it truly is one of the best coming of age movies in many years:

Adding to my list:
- Upload (Amazon)
- Joker (HBO)
- The Town (HBO)
- Hobbs and Shaw (HBO)
- Contagion (HBO)
- Uncut Gems ($0.99 rental)
- Defending Jacob (Apple TV+)
- The Great (Hulu)
- Mrs. America (Hulu)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (Disney+)
- The Princess Bride (Disney+)
- Middleditch and Schwartz (Netflix)
- Extraction (Netflix)
- Spenser Confidential (Netflix)

Wow, Have I watched a lot of movies :lol: Normally I’m more of a series watcher so I guess this has gotten me to catch up on some stuff. And yes, all of that was my first time watching it, so I hadn’t seen Joker or Uncut Gems yet and yes, I hadn’t seen The Princess Bride.

Adding to my list:
- Upload (Amazon)
- Joker (HBO)
- The Town (HBO)
- Hobbs and Shaw (HBO)
- Contagion (HBO)
- Uncut Gems ($0.99 rental)
- Defending Jacob (Apple TV+)
- The Great (Hulu)
- Mrs. America (Hulu)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (Disney+)
- The Princess Bride (Disney+)
- Middleditch and Schwartz (Netflix)
- Extraction (Netflix)
- Spenser Confidential (Netflix)

Wow, Have I watched a lot of movies :lol: Normally I’m more of a series watcher so I guess this has gotten me to catch up on some stuff. And yes, all of that was my first time watching it, so I hadn’t seen Joker or Uncut Gems yet and yes, I hadn’t seen The Princess Bride.
Uncut Gems is right there with Parasite and Booksmart as my favorites of last year. What an f’ing ride that film is.

Reactions: JawsVictim