Question about 1990 USF Promo? | Inside Universal Forums

Question about 1990 USF Promo?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lw1

Jul 1, 2023
What does robert Wagner mean by universal studios they’ve transported us to worlds of adventure and mystery through the magic of make-up they can stretch the limits of our imagination and carry us anywhere in the universe hello I’m robert Wagner welcome to universal studios the greatest fantasy factory on earth when you think of movie magic you think of movie make-up here at universal make-up goes beyond beauty sometimes it can become a little more complicated than just powdering your nose? Here in your YouTube video right here can you please answer that?

Makeup is used on actors in movies to highlight parts of their face like eyes and lips. Or to conceal flaws on their skin that the camera will see. That is called corrective or beauty makeup. Makeup is also the term used to make an actor look scary, bloody, older or injured. I'm sure you watched the rest of the video where Wagner explained that.

Makeup is also the term used to make actors into creatures; like the Frankenstein Monster, the Mummy and the Werewolf. Even aliens from another world.

He means that the art of makeup can turn actors into something very different. That makeup in the moves is much more than "beauty" makeup.

Reactions: Nico
Makeup is used on actors in movies to highlight parts of their face like eyes and lips. Or to conceal flaws on their skin that the camera will see. That is called corrective or beauty makeup. Makeup is also the term used to make an actor look scary, bloody, older or injured. I'm sure you watched the rest of the video where Wagner explained that.

Makeup is also the term used to make actors into creatures; like the Frankenstein Monster, the Mummy and the Werewolf. Even aliens from another world.

He means that the art of makeup can turn actors into something very different. That makeup in the moves is much more than "beauty" makeup.
But what does Wagner mean by through the magic of make-up they can stretch the limits of our imagination and also carry us anywhere in the universe that’s what I want to know is the whole of our imagination part because I really wanted to become a special effect make-up artist and do my own make-ups and whatever I had daydreams and thoughts and dreams and nightmares and bad dreams and creativity and vision and the stuff I had a nightmare about between this year of 2023 from Sunday January 1st 2023 to Sunday July 2nd 2023 of my own imagination like lon Chaney and Rick baker and nosferatu and many others I’m a fan of and want to follow in the footsteps of and make my own Halloween shows and haunted houses/hayrides/corn mazes and for Halloween and films and movies and scary movies and horror films/movies and filmmaking and movie industry etc. so yeah and another thing since I’m here what do you call when you have a nightmare about something of your imagination and then make it into something like a movie or test or demo or whatever and make it all come to life on screen what is that called because I tried commented on rick baker’s instagram but I don’t think he saw it or even responded back to me so yeah that’s the reason can you please answer that?

Wagner means that because of the skills and talent of the makeup artist they can show us (the audience) things we may have never thought of. The makeup artist expands the imagination of the audience.
and another thing since I’m here what do you call when you have a nightmare about something of your imagination and then make it into something like a movie or test or demo or whatever and make it all come to life on screen what is that called
That is called imagination. You take what you dream and make it happen through skill and talent. It's what all makeup effects artists do.

Reactions: Michael S