Quick Question - about Hagrid | Inside Universal Forums

Quick Question - about Hagrid

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 7, 2010
Hey everyone, haven't logged in , in a while. Going to IOA next week, and then catching Fleet Foxes at Hard Rock.

Anyway... Does Hagrid still "open later" or does it open when "early park admission" opens? Last time I went I thought it didn't open until the park did, or maybe even later? Can't believe they still don't offer express pass for this ride...

Hey everyone, haven't logged in , in a while. Going to IOA next week, and then catching Fleet Foxes at Hard Rock.

Anyway... Does Hagrid still "open later" or does it open when "early park admission" opens? Last time I went I thought it didn't open until the park did, or maybe even later? Can't believe they still don't offer express pass for this ride...

Hey welcome back.

It depends from what I've seen, it usually opens during EPA but maybe 30 minutes into it. I suggest just doing VC, FJ, Kong, then Hulk. Swing back to do Hagrid around 1:30-2:30 since lines are usually lower then. Or just do it during EPA, house choice!

Reactions: rhino4evr
50/50 on my last trip. Opened during EPA one day, didn’t open the other.

If you’re gonna try for it during EPA get to the IOA gates well before 8am or else your EPA wait is still going to be over an hour.

Reactions: Clive
It was open for EPA when we went last September, but to be perfectly honest with you - doing it during EPA is a terrible idea.

Like @Joe said, hit it later in the day and you'll most likely have a shorter wait (unless you are literally at the FRONT of the line for EPA)

Echoing that if you want to do it during EPA, you gotta be near the front of the turnstiles. That time you spend waiting there will be made up in how much time you save waiting for Hagrid. By knocking out Hagrid first (hopefully), you can easily get a ride or two on VC in before EPA ends.

My understanding is Hagrid is always supposed to open with EPA as a matter of policy - it is listed as one of the generally available offerings. Of course, the ride can suffer issues that delay the opening, which they tend to warn people at the turnstiles about should it happen.

Of course, the ride can suffer issues that delay the opening, which they tend to warn people at the turnstiles about should it happen.

Unfortunately, Universal can be horrible at communicating this and you won't find out until you make it to Hogsmeade with a sign posted (unless they remember to put one over by Confisco.)

A couple of times they didn't post any sort of announcement until you got into Hogsmeade's entrance.

Unfortunately, Universal can be horrible at communicating this and you won't find out until you make it to Hogsmeade with a sign posted (unless they remember to put one over by Confisco.)

A couple of times they didn't post any sort of announcement until you got into Hogsmeade's entrance.
They had a wall of TMs right at the turn to Velocicoaster when Hagrid wasn’t ready for EPA a few days ago (ironically Velocicoaster wasn’t ready either, and only made it a handful of cycles before going down for weather).

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
They had a wall of TMs right at the turn to Velocicoaster when Hagrid wasn’t ready for EPA a few days ago (ironically Velocicoaster wasn’t ready either, and only made it a handful of cycles before going down for weather).

This is a much better strategy than a few months ago when they wouldn't tell you until Hogsmeade proper.

just an FYI...

I got to the gates about 20 mins before "early admission" opening. We walked directly to Hagrids and were told it was a 60 min wait. Actual wait time (with stopping at lockers) was only 20 mins. Glad we went here first, as there were several closures of the ride throughout the day.

Overall I was fairly disappointed in the shape of some of the rides at IOA.
Jurassic Park is a pure travesty. The entire outdoor portion of the ride is basically broken.
Spiderman broke down while we were riding, thankfully we were able to ride it later with no issues.
about 30% of the AA in Cat in the Hat were not working.
Kong outdoor gate wasn't working
Popeye was closed... assuming refurbishment due to water being drained. Bad timing on a hot summer day.

On the positive side... we had an incredible time on Hagird/Velocicoaster , and an excellent dinner at Mythos.