Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep, No better advertising.

"Oh that looks cool, we'll have to return next year".

I've always found this to be such a delicate plan to achieve well. On the one hand you have Universal building 3 things at once and if you went this year and seen the construction, do you return in 2017 for VB and Fallon or 2018 for VB, Fallon and F&F. On the other hand you have the Disney approach where rides were for the most part built one at a time over a long period. So you can plan your next trip 2 years after for only one new attraction (Avatar) or do you plan for 4 years and get several. (Starw Wars and Toy Story).

On the other other hand, if you showed up at Disney expecting to see Star Wars next year expecting it to be built, you could annoy a lot of people.

I've always found this to be such a delicate plan to achieve well. On the one hand you have Universal building 3 things at once and if you went this year and seen the construction, do you return in 2017 for VB and Fallon or 2018 for VB, Fallon and F&F. On the other hand you have the Disney approach where rides were for the most part built one at a time over a long period. So you can plan your next trip 2 years after for only one new attraction (Avatar) or do you plan for 4 years and get several. (Starw Wars and Toy Story).

On the other other hand, if you showed up at Disney expecting to see Star Wars next year expecting it to be built, you could annoy a lot of people.
Heck, the way Disney advertised the lackluster Star Wars Experience, many tourists thought that "it" was the Star Wars expansion. :lol:

Reactions: Scott W.
The perspective of the whole building is so bad. Why are the Windows bigger than the Comcast letters? Looks ridiculous. The Comcast sign should dwarf the Windows, and you'd think they'd use some forced perspective on the Windows too

The perspective of the whole building is so bad. Why are the Windows bigger than the Comcast letters? Looks ridiculous. The Comcast sign should dwarf the Windows, and you'd think they'd use some forced perspective on the Windows too

I donno, I quite like the sizing of the logo but different strokes to different folks. I find it odd they didn't use forced perspective too but I imagine that could be a challenge on a building with nothing but right angles.

Ok, I'm back on my high horse about the building...why bother theming any of it if you aren't going to complete it? Is it so much to ask for a complete facade...It seems F&F is getting a complete one and it is clearly larger...Almost as annoying as the top of the Mummy building

I think in theory the whole building would be too big for the area - whereas at a glance this makes the building look smaller and likes it's part of a skyline.

Personally speaking, that's what I have to imagine why we don't exactly have a whole extension of the Rockefeller Center. Would've it been nice to see other building facades onto the Soundstage (as it doesn't have to be just the Rockefeller Center); but I am still going to hold off judgement on the facade until the entire attraction is completed.

Also, I am going to throw out a guess that Fallon will be softing by probably late-feb and that it'll be ready for the Spring Break crowds and as a way to end off Mardi Gras 2017 out with a bang.

Reactions: Mike S
The Comcast sign should dwarf the Windows, and you'd think they'd use some forced perspective on the Windows too

None of the "backlot" buildings at USF employ forced perspective because if so, they could not be used for filming (it would look wonky on camera). They were very proud back-in-the-day about how the facades were legit and camera-ready.

I'd like to believe the reason why they didn't use forced perspective here is to maintain the integrity of the lot, but I'm probably giving them too much credit.

And on the theme versus theming...

Looking like a regular building that is part of a block of buildings supports the theme and thematic statement they're trying to make in the area. Being an obviously massive ride building that sticks out - with full "theming" - would not.

Reactions: Nick
And on the theme versus theming...

Looking like a regular building that is part of a block of buildings supports the theme and thematic statement they're trying to make in the area. Being an obviously massive ride building that sticks out - with full "theming" - would not.
It seems recently they are moving away from the "it's really a set" thing...But perhaps only Potter and things in IOA get this treatment...Not a big deal, I just expected the new vision to carry through in all areas