Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, my only complaint is that my color got called so quickly that sometimes I didn't get to see much of the pre shows, and they are all really good.....I think the idea of the attraction is to return to the concepts of the earlier attractions like Earthquake/Disaster, Hitchcock, Murder She Wrote, etc. and occupy/entertain guests for 25-30 minutes instead of just a quick 4 minute ride....And I really like that concept. That's one of the things that made Universal Studios stand out to me when I visited the first time a few years back.

Yeah, my only complaint is that my color got called so quickly that sometimes I didn't get to see much of the pre shows, and they are all really good.....I think the idea of the attraction is to return to the concepts of the earlier attractions like Earthquake/Disaster, Hitchcock, Murder She Wrote, etc. and occupy/entertain guests for 25-30 minutes instead of just a quick 4 minute ride....And I really like that concept. That's one of the things that made Universal Studios stand out to me when I visited the first time a few years back.
I agree. I really enjoyed Fallon, because despite being another simulator, it stood out as an experience. Not to mention the ride is more fun that it has any right to be, IMO.

I agree. I really enjoyed Fallon, because despite being another simulator, it stood out as an experience. Not to mention the ride is more fun that it has any right to be, IMO.
Yes. Loved the total experience. And the ride itself was one of the best of it's kind. I rode the new Soarin the day before and thought Fallon's film portion of the attraction was superior to Soarin's experience. Never ever expected that attraction to be as good as it turned out.

I totally agree. My family and I rode this about 7 times and each time we all laughed and enjoyed the experience. None of us even watch Fallon but it did not make a difference. I actually am more inclined to watch him after going on the ride. I bet a lot of people feel that way. Loved the Ragtime Gals. Their raps and lip syncs were terrific.

I totally agree. My family and I rode this about 7 times and each time we all laughed and enjoyed the experience. None of us even watch Fallon but it did not make a difference. I actually am more inclined to watch him after going on the ride. I bet a lot of people feel that way. Loved the Ragtime Gals. Their raps and lip syncs were terrific.
I was surprised how well it stood up to repeat rides. That totally surprised me. We did a bunch too. And the preshows stay interesting since you usually only get bits and pieces each time.

UPDATE: I did Fallon again at 9:15, and was able to walk on to the ride without having my color called. For people who aren't crazy about the congested hallways and the pre-show entertainment, doing it before 10 is the best option. I really enjoy the ride, but not the pre-shows, so from now on I will go early.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

This is along the lines of what I am hoping for with SNW. I just think if they could work some type of lineless rooms for groups to explore where they limit the number of guest, but have something to keep people entertained.

I mean, I love all the stuff on display at Monster Makeup, but everyone wants to queue.

We did this once. We went to VB on the days we were there. One night we ate a toothsome, used the APP to get a ride time...I think it was the last hour of the day.

My wife is one of the 'I just want to ride camp', so I did not see anything downstairs. I did get to see a ragtime gals set...then when red was called, my wife decided our orange tickets were red...we sat closer than I would have liked, but I did enjoy the clips and the ride.

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
I finally rode this, I did not like it at all. (I know I am in the minority with this opinion) It was an annoying experience for me, from the having to get a ticket, to the strange waiting rooms, to the ride itself. None of it was fun at all...
The Ride made me dizzy and it wasn't that cool to see to be honest. I was expecting a faster Race through new york, the ride should be called "casually riding/flying around new York and then you fly to the moon LOL
(Whats up with the moon part? what did the moon had to do with anything? that cannot be part of the show.... I was confused and kind of annoyed that we don't get to fully see New York in the ride. the Moon part just took me off and made me a little annoyed) I wish they would have done more in new York. Seen more of the city. I honestly Hated the moon part.
Since I am not a fallon fan, I was hoping the "New York" part of the ride would have been really awesome,but it wasn't. It wasn't that cool at all.

I don't know Minions and Simpsons are much more interesting rides with better stories, Even Shrek tells a better story. This ride just feels like a disjointed race worked around Fallon's characters to make cameos and jokes. it Doesn't really flow well.
The Race part sucks because you are not racing, the characters appearing are not cool for a non fan, Jimmy's dialogue is kinda lame.
not even in terms of Technology did this ride deliver anything interesting or cool or new.

I am not a big fan of the show, I don't dislike it but I have never watched it, I only watched clips of it over the years. I Am sure if I was a big fan of the show I Might have loved it.
there was nothing in the first or second floor that interested me to look at. so It was a very boring waiting experience. the clips on the tvs were not interesting. the games were boring... how interesting can celebrity interviews really be???

In the past, not being a fan of a property has NEVER ruined a Ride experience for me (Either on Disney or Uni) I never cared for Peter Pan or the Little Mermaid, but I liked both rides a lot. I have never cared for cat in the Hat but I really love that ride, same goes for Shrek. Most Rides are fun, funny and charming on their own, regardless if I liked the movies or not.

I can find enough things to like about Minions even though I don't care for the movies. But with this, to me it felt like if you are not a fan, you really are not going to care or enjoy it at all.
I can't see myself caring to do this again. The jokes were awkward and weird, the New York part sucks, the Queue is a mess, the clips on tv are kinda lame... meh
To be completely honest, the only thing I loved about this was the rap song before you enter.....

Last edited:
I'm still very confused why they hand out Orange wait time cards when the actual color that they call for those cards is Yellow. They don't hand out Yellow cards either, which is even weirder.

I haven't given much of an opinion on the actual ride portion yet. I know many enjoy how smooth it is, but I feel like while true, it's also the tamest simulator i've ever been on, even less so than DMMM.

The best part about the entire experience is the Ragtime Gals. I have sat in the queue well past when i've originally been called to ride just to watch the queue entertainment. The ride leaves a lot to be desired imo, but for the limited space they had to work with, they did a good job.

Reactions: Skubersky
One thing that bothered me the most about the ride was the shirt cannon and the pizza scene..... that was like the most cliche things they could have ever done.... to have Fallon literally turn around and throw stuff at you.... Jesus christ, what is this? the 80s? that was as terrible as Jaws 3 or Freddy's Dead: the Final nightmare.
As small as those two scene were, they made me cringe so much. Instead of having us travel through new York in a cool way, you are literally shooting stuff at us.. are you kidding me? The video doesn’t make sense, is just a mix of weird things thrown in.:poop:

Last edited:
One thing that bothered me the most about the ride was the shirt cannon and the pizza scene..... that was like the most cliche things they could have ever done.... to have Fallon literally turn around and throw stuff at you.... Jesus christ, what is this? the 80s? that was as terrible as Jaws 3 or Freddy's Dead: the Final nightmare.
As small as those two scene were, they made me cringe so much. Instead of having us travel through new York in a cool way, you are literally shooting stuff at us.. are you kidding me? The video doesn’t make sense, is just a mix of weird things thrown in.:poop:
O dear and I thought this was a documentary about NY, but it's all silly stuff with Jimmy Fallon, who knew? And why does he leans against a moon on the outside cutout ;)

O dear and I thought this was a documentary about NY, but it's all silly stuff with Jimmy Fallon, who knew? And why does he leans against a moon on the outside cutout ;)

does the moon appear in the show? is it an integral part of the show?
explain to me how the moon is integral to the show or the ride, I dont understand the process behind it, please enlighten me as to why a ride called race through NEW YORK starring JIMMY FALLON (based on his show) takes us all the way to the moon for a weird unfinished roller coaster
I would really love to get the joke. because I clearly don't get it. I am "out of the loop" as the kiddies say.

IF they wanted to make a ride based solely on "doing silly stuff with Jimmy Fallon" then why call it racing through new york?
Why not have Fallon travel around the country? Because of Soaring?
if they wanted him to just do silly stuff then why not call it Race To the MOON? make it about an actual trip to the moon........You could do A LOT of silly stuff in a ride like that :dance:

And the cut out of the moon is meaningless and a complete BS excuse for a ride that is irrational in context. the cut out doesn't explain anything, I really would love some answers from people that know about this ride much more than I do :thumbsup:

(Hell, AT LEAST The Simpsons explains that we are going to Krustyland before you enter it, Even the Hated Shrek explains whats going on with the Ghost of Farquaad )

does the moon appear in the show? is it an integral part of the show?
explain to me how the moon is integral to the show or the ride, I dont understand the process behind it, please enlighten me as to why a ride called race through NEW YORK starring JIMMY FALLON (based on his show) takes us all the way to the moon for a weird unfinished roller coaster
I would really love to get the joke. because I clearly don't get it. I am "out of the loop" as the kiddies say.

IF they wanted to make a ride based solely on "doing silly stuff with Jimmy Fallon" then why call it racing through new york?
Why not have Fallon travel around the country? Because of Soaring?
if they wanted him to just do silly stuff then why not call it Race To the MOON? make it about an actual trip to the moon........You could do A LOT of silly stuff in a ride like that :dance:

And the cut out of the moon is meaningless and a complete BS excuse for a ride that is irrational in context. the cut out doesn't explain anything, I really would love some answers from people that know about this ride much more than I do :thumbsup:

(Hell, AT LEAST The Simpsons explains that we are going to Krustyland before you enter it, Even the Hated Shrek explains whats going on with the Ghost of Farquaad )
The moon is the main portion of the show's logo. It is also a significant presence in the background of the desk and couch shots. Also, late night talk shows have used the moon as a symbol for a while now (Late Night = moon). Conan has it as a significant portion of his background as well.

Jimmy is famous in part to how 'silly' he can be on his shows, which is why the ride can be a bit out there. Racing through the studio is also a pretty famous bit he does, and the ride is an extension on that idea. Basically, every weird part of the ride can be related back to the show but, but that does mean it serves a limited audience.

The moon is the main portion of the show's logo. It is also a significant presence in the background of the desk and couch shots. Also, late night talk shows have used the moon as a symbol for a while now (Late Night = moon). Conan has it as a significant portion of his background as well.

Jimmy is famous in part to how 'silly' he can be on his shows, which is why the ride can be a bit out there. Racing through the studio is also a pretty famous bit he does, and the ride is an extension on that idea. Basically, every weird part of the ride can be related back to the show but, but that does mean it serves a limited audience.

I guess I understand this, And I understand the show itself cannot be translated to a ride. (nor the sketches he does)

I guess I was very shocked and thrown off by the randomness of the ride, Every other ride in either Universal or Disney have a story, I guess I never realized how much the story matters in the ride (I guess i never cared about it) but now that I think about it,
When you do a ride, every ride has their own story that you are entering. it's own plot and conclusion, from Men in Black to Jurassic Park to Potter, spiderman.
I think the fact that This ride just randomly throws things at you made me feel weird.

I understand the moon has been a symbol for Late night shows but going to it was too weird for me. Even the fact that we are racing (but not really) made me feel strange, How come they couldn't do a Tour ride, you are going on a tour of his show and new york,
Jimmy would have been your guide, he could have taken you through the studio, Have taken you to meet the other characters he plays, the tour could have even included the trip to the moon, The fact that you are racing him kind of ruins it for me because he doesnt have time to properly talk to you because he's focused on winning the race.

Reactions: WAJAS
If the ride was a short 4 minute tour through the Studio , now that I think would have been pretty boring. The silliness of the Race is what actually gives it the pizazz that makes it a pretty good ride. It doesn't take itself seriously. There's a story, it's just that it's a Fantasy/or Dream type story.

It's slightly awkward that "Gary" is in this ride now considering he left the Tonight Show just months after the ride debuted.

I guess I understand this, And I understand the show itself cannot be translated to a ride. (nor the sketches he does)

I guess I was very shocked and thrown off by the randomness of the ride, Every other ride in either Universal or Disney have a story, I guess I never realized how much the story matters in the ride (I guess i never cared about it) but now that I think about it,
When you do a ride, every ride has their own story that you are entering. it's own plot and conclusion, from Men in Black to Jurassic Park to Potter, spiderman.
I think the fact that This ride just randomly throws things at you made me feel weird.

I understand the moon has been a symbol for Late night shows but going to it was too weird for me. Even the fact that we are racing (but not really) made me feel strange, How come they couldn't do a Tour ride, you are going on a tour of his show and new york,
Jimmy would have been your guide, he could have taken you through the studio, Have taken you to meet the other characters he plays, the tour could have even included the trip to the moon, The fact that you are racing him kind of ruins it for me because he doesnt have time to properly talk to you because he's focused on winning the race.
I get it, I have the same problem with Dombo. WTH is the story?! They gutted a bunch of elephants and placed benches in them, they spiked them on a spinner and that's it. What kind of stuff where they smoking when they came up with that ride? Sure they paint it nicely and removed any signs of blood and intestines and the taxiderman did a great job but it's a horror show.

Reactions: Mad Dog