Recommended cameras | Inside Universal Forums

Recommended cameras

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be buying a MUCH better camera than the 5MP I'm using now when I get my taxes next year. Any recommendations on what brand or models I should be looking for and whats DSLR mean? I would like to be able to get some really great pics when I do visit the parks. I'm just used to non digital cameras and would like something way better than a simple point and shoot digital camera. Any info would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

Well first you have to figure how much is in your budget. If you are able and willing to spend $500 on camera than you can always look into DSLR cameras like a bunch of us in the boards use. Those are the big cameras you see the paparazzi with that have interchangable lenses.

Cameras like these
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Price_$250+to+$499.99&ci=6222&N=4288586280+4288580242

Then another option are these mirroless cameras that all the big players are coming out with that produce DSLR quality shots but in a small little camera body and also has interchangeable lenses.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/859418-REG/Sony_NEX_F3K_B_Alpha_NEX_F3K_Digital_Camera.html

If you are looking for a cheaper DSLR or mirroless that is used there is always eBay and Amazon where you can pick one up somewhat cheaper.

If those aren't what you are wanting to get into then there are the point and shoots and just get what you can afford.

There are also super zooms that are a nice all around cameras.
It depends on what you want to do, and if you want carry lens around or just want something to stick in your pocket.

I have two cameras, one pocket and one super zoom that I use most of the time as I go th Busch Gardens alot and the 30x zoom is great for the animals,
I am going to add another camera stricktly for low light shooting for my haunt tours, HHNS, and HOS.

So it all depends.

I got my HX100 for $80 less than retail, no tax, and free shipping from amazon.

Whats good about buying used off Amazon is that you are also protected by their 30 day return policy were as Ebay not everyone you buy from will take back stuff. Start doing some research now that way when it comes time to plunk down the money you will have a good idea on what you are looking for. Go into a Best Buy and take a look and get a feel for them, you wont be able to tell the difference really in picture quality but you will at least be able to get an idea on the size and different cameras and lenses and stuff.

Whats good about buying used off Amazon is that you are also protected by their 30 day return policy were as Ebay not everyone you buy from will take back stuff. Start doing some research now that way when it comes time to plunk down the money you will have a good idea on what you are looking for. Go into a Best Buy and take a look and get a feel for them, you wont be able to tell the difference really in picture quality but you will at least be able to get an idea on the size and different cameras and lenses and stuff.

And they can show you some of the features, try and go when they are not busy so you can get some attention. I think they are price matching online prices now so you might even take one home.

I've been camera shopping because the Kodak I bought a few months ago is pretty terrible. I'm hoping for some great deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The Nikon D3200 seems like a good value. Can any photographers recommend it?

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-NIKKOR/dp/B007VGGFZU

I don't think you can really go wrong with buying a Nikon DSLR or even a Canon also. You know going in that you will be getting a very high quality camera for what money you put into it. Get the best camera that you can afford :thumbs: