Reedy Creek Improvement District | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Reedy Creek Improvement District

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been out of the loop, is this guy closer to Disney or DeSantis here? If it's DeSantis that would legitimately insane optics-wise, if not too surprising overall. This could've been the real gain from this whole mess.

I've been out of the loop, is this guy closer to Disney or DeSantis here? If it's DeSantis that would legitimately insane optics-wise, if not too surprising overall. This could've been the real gain from this whole mess.
Governor appointed.

A deal was reached with RCFD very quickly with the.new board after years of Disney not even willing to go to the table. It gave huge raises, more staff among other things. I outlined it in a post somewhere in here.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
What a moron. He's burnt every bridge and a good chunk of his statewide support for a presidential bid that was always gonna end up the same way. Like a kid cussing out mom and dad in a huff and running away to join the circus, only to get tired a few blocks into their suburb and guiltily lumbering back onto the porch asking for dinner.

What a moron. He's burnt every bridge and a good chunk of his statewide support for a presidential bid that was always gonna end up the same way. Like a kid cussing out mom and dad in a huff and running away to join the circus, only to get tired a few blocks into their suburb and guiltily lumbering back onto the porch asking for dinner.

Exactly. You can't burn through political capital that quickly and expect anything good to come from it. They (Disney and whatever the district is called) need to figure out how to move forward and basically establish a working relationship. I'm not saying that the lawsuits and countersuits need to go away but work together. You know, how it is supposed to be done even though it rarely happens.

Reactions: Grabnar

Lmao
In a shocking turn of events, Disney is not dropping it as requested and instead, is escalating:

perfect example of. . .
doug-maclean-doug.gif

In a shocking turn of events, Disney is not dropping it as requested and instead, is escalating:

The hornets have not acquiesced to my requests to stop stinging me after I purposefully put my fist through their nest!

I'm conflicted here.

I in no way think the attacks on Disney were in any way a good idea and am glad that they are digging in, pushing back, fighting this, and will hopefully win.

I am not particularly thrilled with the fact that we have to pay for these legal battles

I'm conflicted here.

I in no way think the attacks on Disney were in any way a good idea and am glad that they are digging in, pushing back, fighting this, and will hopefully win.

I am not particularly thrilled with the fact that we have to pay for these legal battles
That is the sad truth, lawyers win and the GP loses no matter who prevails. Latest wrinkle is the CFTOD is claiming Disney was funneling 2.5M from the board for theme park tix and perks/discounts a year

Reactions: MrRoamer
But again, notice how it's only Disney facing these threats. Universal employees can absolutely keep their free admission. Truly just making his targeting case worse by the day... Baffling.
And don't forget, tax payers have been paying for Universal's improvements and infrastructure! Their roads are all public so that would include the new exit ramps and everything from I-4, the rework when the hotel row was built, and the sky bridge.

There needs to be a first quick step with a low bar for lawsuits. Go into a room and show some random group of normal people and be like "Does this sound like it has any merit?" Heck just use SurveyMonkey and call it day.