Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you are refering to SLoP as that fourth; I thought people alluded to that being for 2020 at USF?
Oh, I assumed 2019 based off some of what we've been hearing. Such as how it'll be open before SNW is even completely vertical, which I assume would be around 2019.

Rat ride will be a decent addition.

Rode the Paris version last week and enjoyed it, didn't blow me away but it was fun. It is screen heavy but it works, I couldn't imagine a way of doing it without the screens to be honest. The trackless RVs are neat, the programming to get them interacting and being where they need to be by a certain time is nothing short of incredible, was watching them just as much as the ride on my second go. Can't comment on the queue as did single rider.

The whole area around the ride is really well done, Ratatouille (I hate to say it) will fit really well into the existing Epcot pavilion, it is a true Disney ride which will be loved by the fans.

@AliciaStella , yes there was a restaurant, adorned with over sized themeing bottles, cutlery, champagne corks as chairs and giant Christmas string lights etc etc, all to give the idea of us being as small as the rat. Looked pretty neat and the food was good, reminded me very much of a DCL restaurant.

Rode the Paris version last week and enjoyed it, didn't blow me away but it was fun. It is screen heavy but it works, I couldn't imagine a way of doing it without the screens to be honest. The trackless RVs are neat, the programming to get them interacting and being where they need to be by a certain time is nothing short of incredible, was watching them just as much as the ride on my second go. Can't comment on the queue as did single rider.

The whole area around the ride is really well done, Ratatouille (I hate to say it) will fit really well into the existing Epcot pavilion, it is a true Disney ride which will be loved by the fans.

@AliciaStella , yes there was a restaurant, adorned with over sized themeing bottles, cutlery, champagne corks as chairs and giant Christmas string lights etc etc, all to give the idea of us being as small as the rat. Looked pretty neat and the food was good, reminded me very much of a DCL restaurant.
"The trackless RV's are neat, the programming to get them interacting and being where where they need to be by a certain time was nothing short of incredible"(UK Trigg). And what future Universal AA dominated attraction was in your mind as you were watching the amazing RV choreography? ;):D

"The trackless RV's are neat, the programming to get them interacting and being where where they need to be by a certain time was nothing short of incredible"(UK Trigg). ;):DAnd what future Universal AA dominated attraction was in your mind as you were watching the amazing RV choreography?

The one with a vacuum :look: and for the record, the choreogrpaphy will dance a merry dance around the rat :wave:

Reactions: Jones14

When I used to go to Orlando with my family when I was younger, we'd always be discussing how a ride works or trying to figure out how an illusion was done. The randomness and mystery of this would have stumped my family if we'd never seen anything like it before.

How did you find DLP overall?

Reactions: UK-Trigg
When I used to go to Orlando with my family when I was younger, we'd always be discussing how a ride works or trying to figure out how an illusion was done. The randomness and mystery of this would have stumped my family if we'd never seen anything like it before.

How did you find DLP overall?

We had a fun time, was clean and pretty well maintained but its just not the same. Oh and they don't have a Uni down the road :lmao:

Have a tonne of photos I will share in a trip report when I get the chance :thumbsup:

:pixie:Waits for snarky remark from @Mad Dog :shades::pixie:

We had a fun time, was clean and pretty well maintained but its just not the same. Oh and they don't have a Uni down the road :lmao:

Have a tonne of photos I will share in a trip report when I get the chance :thumbsup:

:pixie:Waits for snarky remark from @Mad Dog :shades::pixie:
Will the trip report be ready before Uni's fourth park opens? :cool:

It is a cloned attraction and the land is already cleared so it should go fast. The permit is just for the building shell, major structural, and underground construction, so I imagine set dressing, interior theming and ride work will continue after the permit expires for several more months until opening mid 2019.

Yea, that seems fast for Disney, but I hope they can pull it off.

So we may have FOUR trackless EMV dark rides opening in Orlando in 2019? That's pretty crazy.
According to insiders, Rat won't be opening until Early 2020. Could Rat open in 2019 if Disney wanted? EASILY. They have enough on their plate for 2019 to advertise and open though. Rat would also end up getting lost in the shuffle between SW:GE, Mickey and the MK Theatre.

According to insiders, Rat won't be opening until Early 2020. Could Rat open in 2019 if Disney wanted? EASILY. They have enough on their plate for 2019 to advertise and open though. Rat would also end up getting lost in the shuffle between SW:GE, Mickey and the MK Theatre.
I'm pretty sure the theatre is for 2020 as well, although I wouldn't be upset to get it sooner. Magic Kingdom could use it yesterday.

Couple of quick notes..

They've filed to start construction on the building itself for the ride, so that'll be visible soonish.

Also the code name for the project is "MI" - any idea what's referencing?
Mission Impossible

(It’s a joke, but the producer of the soundtrack did both movies; MI right before Rat)

Couple of quick notes..

They've filed to start construction on the building itself for the ride, so that'll be visible soonish.

Also the code name for the project is "MI" - any idea what's referencing?
The insiders at Magic have said "MI" is code for mischievous... which makes sense based on the ride.

Paperwork filed for the permits says it will be complete by March 2020.

Reactions: Ashhanbre