Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Think of it as a more tame, sedate Spider-Man/Transformers.

Think of it as 40% sets 60% screens, the sets in the paris version are very large and very impressive and much more memorable than the screen bits.

First up, it has essentially no motion base movement. It’s there, but it feels more like loose connections than actual motion.

As for sets being 40%, that’s nuts. The intro has a Paris set, then there is one scene that is a pretty simplistic set, then it’s mostly screens. No integration of the screens like Spiderman, or even Transformers. It’s pretty much a screen ride.

It is a VERY mild ride. It’s cute, with some neat effects, but not worthy of being in the same sentence of Spiderman. Unless you say IASW is similar to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Plus, am I just imagining I read it will be without 3D here?

Tim Tracker recently did a vlog at Epcot and showed the preview center. He seemed disappointed this ride was mostly screen based. If I recall, its like, 85% screen and 15% practical sets? I wouldn't get my hopes too too high here, although it could be a nice little addition this park needs.
He's disappointed about something we knew all along.

I like the Tracker videos since he has a nice friendly easy going manner. But his knowledge of the parks, and what's happening in the future, often seems less than an average poster on this site.

I like the Tracker videos since he has a nice friendly easy going manner. But his knowledge of the parks, and what's happening in the future, often seems less than an average poster on this site.
Not saying we all don't have busy lives, but I mean he's actually at the parks every single week, edits vlogs about them, is having a kid soon, dude likely doesn't feel the need to catch up honestly. He also likes a good relationship with Disney and Universal anyways, so whether or not he knows may not even be the case. Cant blame the guy though. Love his genuine enthusiasm for the parks

No integration of the screens like Spiderman, or even Transformers.

I actually have to disagree here. Ratatouille has its faults, but I don’t think this is one of them.

The first screen? Yes that’s a hard transition. But the kitchen rack, serving cart, sewers, and final party are all integrated really well into their scenes, imo. The most jarring aspect, I think, is the floor, but there’s really no getting around that lol.

I actually have to disagree here. Ratatouille has its faults, but I don’t think this is one of them.

The first screen? Yes that’s a hard transition. But the kitchen rack, serving cart, sewers, and final party are all integrated really well into their scenes, imo. The most jarring aspect, I think, is the floor, but there’s really no getting around that lol.
I find most of the transitions on the ride stop the action and make for a weird pacing. But maybe that's just me.

From WDW President Josh D’Amaro... Gusteau’s sign installed overnight. I worry how this sign will affect the forced perspective of the Eiffel Tower as it seems to be fairly high and in close proximity.

Iktxkay.jpg

Last edited:
From WDW President Josh D’Amaro... Gusteau’s sign installed overnight. I worry how this sign will affect the forced perspective of the Eiffel Tower as it seems to be fairly high and in close proximity.

Iktxkay.jpg

I imagine from ground level, it won't matter as you probably won't be able to see both at the same time.

I imagine from ground level, it won't matter as you probably won't be able to see both at the same time.
I know you won't be able to see the Tower from the Ratatouille courtyard (they've made it so it's near impossible), but depending on how high the sign is, I just hope it can't be seen from the main WS pathways.

EDIT: Nevermind, not worried about sightlines anymore, but more how cartoonish it is:

Last edited:
I know you won't be able to see the Tower from the Ratatouille courtyard (they've made it so it's near impossible), but depending on how high the sign is, I just hope it can't be seen from the main WS pathways.

EDIT: Nevermind, not worried about sightlines anymore, but more how cartoonish it is:

Ya, not entirely sure how I feel about this either but I mean WS hasn't been the same since Frozen. I guess I'm more used to it now but not a great look.