Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi, newbie question here, but to see the Kongfrontation track, I’d have to look above me on the second launch right?

Hope to pay attention to that once it opens back up again, sorry for sort of being off topic

Hi, newbie question here, but to see the Kongfrontation track, I’d have to look above me on the second launch right?

Hope to pay attention to that once it opens back up again, sorry for sort of being off topic
If I am correct you can see it at the first launch, right at the top of the lift hill where the track drops.

Reactions: belloq87
I've seen the OG Kong track multiple times, always excites me. Think it's less visible with the newer lighting package they had, but during the second launch/fake unload, right before you roll into the drop there's a burst of smoke and red/orange light. Look up right when this happens and it SHOULD be clear as day.

Any shot it’ll be open on the 29th? Have some close friends going that day for the first time, hope they can experience it.

So what are the chances we finally get the leg ticklers back online? ;)
Shrek just closed…. Maybe they could salvage some parts…. Lol. Even if the ticklers aren’t there, I’d at least like more air or even water blasts. What sets this coaster apart from space mountain or other indoor coasters is that it’s a 4D experience. Do we know the extent of this refurb? Can we expect just a fresh coat of paint or will entire scenes be new and/or replaced? I’d really like some TLC done to the final portion before the return to the station. While the rest of the ride is quite immersive, it almost feels they ran out of space and had to slap some cheap effects on this last turn to wrap up the story quick. Just do something so the last part of the ride you see isn’t a cheap painting on a wall. Maybe they could go the Singapore route and put a sealed sarcophagus?

Shrek just closed…. Maybe they could salvage some parts…. Lol. Even if the ticklers aren’t there, I’d at least like more air or even water blasts. What sets this coaster apart from space mountain or other indoor coasters is that it’s a 4D experience. Do we know the extent of this refurb? Can we expect just a fresh coat of paint or will entire scenes be new and/or replaced? I’d really like some TLC done to the final portion before the return to the station. While the rest of the ride is quite immersive, it almost feels they ran out of space and had to slap some cheap effects on this last turn to wrap up the story quick. Just do something so the last part of the ride you see isn’t a cheap painting on a wall. Maybe they could go the Singapore route and put a sealed sarcophagus?
Probably what I'd like to see the most is Imhotep restored to his former glory. Compare his movement from 2009:

To just before closure:

Major difference.

Probably what I'd like to see the most is Imhotep restored to his former glory. Compare his movement from 2009:

To just before closure:

Major difference.

Thanks for that comparison. Believe it or not, the movement and lighting were even better pre-2009. I don't think it's really possible to recapture that level of fluidity, as I believe the figure is now powered by pneumatics versus hydraulics. (With that said, I always felt the intended programming was a little too exaggerated, almost resembling "Elsa Kylo" from Rise of the Resistance.)

All of the current lighting setups call too much attention to the robotic arm facilitating Imhotep's stature and "jump." We really need a setup that's mindful of obscuring the arm and calling your attention elsewhere.