Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sorry about the double post. It wouldn't let me edit the other one. 

ROTM in Florida:

ROTM in Hollywood: 

Our building is not small in terms of width and length; height is our only problem. If we can somehow extend our building to two floors (or even three) we can have a clone of florida's ride (or our own unique ride). 

ROTM is really showing its age now. I just rode today and the mummy screen was still resetting when i entered the mummy tomb! What really redeemed it was seeing Asian tourists shitting themselves during the launch haha.

Our show building is smaller than Orlando in terms of foot space and height; not by a huge margin but still enough to make a difference. You have to remember ours was originally E.T while theirs was originally Kongfrontation. 

Also you have to take into consideration that starbucks and the transformers gift shop are taking a portion of the space in the side of the building. If we could relocate those, we can have a slightly better ride. I'd still say we should build the showbuilding higher To match orlando.

They don't take that much space away from the main showbuilding, if any at all. They won't relocate anything considering they just replaced the Arcade with Starbucks and redid the Transformers interactive Meet-and-Greet. I still think they should get rid of the coaster portion (yea I understand why they won't) but Murdy and the rest of creative did a fantastic job with the dark ride portion why not just make it a full blown dark ride like Indiana Jones? ugh... 

Making it a full dark ride would really demote it. That's like making Space Mountain a full dark ride; no one would ride it anymore. People ride it for the environment and theming yes, but people mainly ride it because it gives them a thrill. I find the coaster part exciting despite it being short. Bottom line is that both are not up to par and need to be improved.

Making it a full dark ride would really demote it. That's like making Space Mountain a full dark ride; no one would ride it anymore. People ride it for the environment and theming yes, but people mainly ride it because it gives them a thrill. I find the coaster part exciting despite it being short. Bottom line is that both are not up to par and need to be improved.
I'd agree but with the coaster portion being so mediocre in comparison to other offerings in Southern California, a full Dark Ride with AAs in a park filled with mostly motion simulators wouldn't be so bad. I don't think ROTM and Space Mountain are even remotely comparable as attractions in terms of quality and in sheer size. Again as I mentioned before, I understand why having a Coaster is important but it's just so paltry in comparison to Jurassic Park (although dilapidated) and Transformers. The only reason I even go on this ride is to hear people's reactions at the end. "That's it?" "That wasn't worth the wait" "Did the ride break down" I feel like most guests just go on this attraction just for the sake of filling their ride quota. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
I totally agree about it being too short. Which is why Universal really has to haul ass on this as soon as they get Potter done.

I really don't want revenge of the mummy to be another simulator. It would just ruin the experience for me. When i think of egyptian tombs, I think more of Roller coaster than simulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/X7gBHIspv5g?feature=oembed
I found this on YouTube today. A trailer for Revenge of the Mummy. I wonder what It would have been like to be so hyped about it and come out feeling so disappointed 

And you know what's funny? The opening date was June 25th. Kinda like....Supercharged. It's could mean that point in time has some sort of cosmic significance- as if it was the temporal junction point of the entire space-time continuum....or it could be some amazing coincidence.

Reactions: Alexshow.
It's a shame that they built so much hype; It wasn't worth it. They built our ride on the cheap and rushed it. I love the concept of  a coaster going through a mummy tomb. It just wasn't implemented well. Hopefully under Comcast leadership and funding, they can update the ride and make it better. The park needs one physical rollercoaster. 

Even if the ride is painfully short, it can be masked up with a major update to its special effects. Add a boatload of grand and jaw dropping special effects and new projection mapped effects and props, and it'll make up for the lack of ride time, and if the effects are grand enough, it'll make guests want to ride it again.

Look at what Disney has been doing recently? New figures and projection mapped effects can really renew interests in a ride and bring it up to date and make it amazing. Universal needs to do the same!