Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's for safety. I was standing there one day and I realized it's a very closed space and there is a lot of noise from guests cheering, brakes and everything, if you really pay attention there is a lot of noise there and I believe it's for safety, otherwise I don't see why all of the operators have them. Next time you go hear everything, you'll see after some time there you will realize that that place is really noisy.

I think I've only seen that once... but I don't know if a safety reason would make sense. If there was some type of issue with a ride vehicle and you were standing in line in that room for, say, 10-15 mins, I doubt they'd hand you a pair of ear plugs as well. There are boarding areas seen in other theme parks (Universal or not) that are much noisier than The Mummy, but ear plugs aren't utilized.

I think I've only seen that once... but I don't know if a safety reason would make sense. If there was some type of issue with a ride vehicle and you were standing in line in that room for, say, 10-15 mins, I doubt they'd hand you a pair of ear plugs as well. There are boarding areas seen in other theme parks (Universal or not) that are much noisier than The Mummy, but ear plugs aren't utilized.
Well for them it's their day job, you might be there 15 mins, but they are there for hours 6 days per week... I really think those are labor safety rules. 

The Mummy queue will be undergoing construction until June 14th. Hearing word that additional props might be added in late July.

By that, do you mean the interior portion of the queue, the outdoor queue or everything? Regardless, with queue construction, how are guests going to enter?

(Can they do some work on the ride while they're at it? ;) )

I wish they'd enclose the entire extended queue and theme it like the rest of the tomb cave excavation queue. I think it's much needed. And change/theme the exterior. You can see the Mummy building from two very prominent sides: the front entrance and the side. They really need to theme it like the building in Singapore. If they can invest more into the Simpsons, I'd hope they can invest more into Mummy...

Wooow this are good news even if it just theming in the queue. That means they are showing love to the rides... I hope they add something noticeable

Man I totally forgot about this, but yeah it's just the exterior queue that's getting a little sprucing up. Which is great since Mummy badly needs the redesign. With the upper lot still being a construction zone (they originally wanted Universal Plaza to open in the next couple weeks... not near the end of summer), USH has decided to keep freshening up the lower lot as it will once again be the center of attention for peak summer season.

Oh and as for earplugs: it's general a labor safety rule as some have said, but it's not strictly enforced.
Nuh just concrete.

....so...wait, are they just repainting and doing basic refurb work or are they actually changing the exterior? I wish they completely changed it. Comcast, please help the Mummy. It's exterior depresses me...

....so...wait, are they just repainting and doing basic refurb work or are they actually changing the exterior? I wish they completely changed it. Comcast, please help the Mummy. It's exterior depresses me...
Not even - I wish they bulldozed the entire site and redid the entire attraction.  :lol:

But in all seriousness, I really do hope they do a bit more than sprucing up the exterior queue here and there. Guests will be more fascinated with their smart phones in line than "ancient artifacts".

Not even - I wish they bulldozed the entire site and redid the entire attraction.  :lol:

But in all seriousness, I really do hope they do a bit more than sprucing up the exterior queue here and there. Guests will be more fascinated with their smart phones in line than "ancient artifacts".
LOL. But there is no signal inside the building. LOL.

I'll be at the park tomorrow, I don't expect to see anything new in Mummy.