Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still so disappointed at USH cutting the original Mummy ride ending. We already got the butchered mummy ride, and they ruined the better ending. I know it was to save money and.cuz apparently the original projectors were failing, but with Comcast now investing in the parks, do you think we'll see a realistic refurb/reimagining of the Mummy ride? Maybe in time for the franchise reboot? Ideally I'd scrap it and put in the version they have in Singapore, but that ain't happening.

How do you guys think they can realistically upgrade the ride? For me, it would be the following:

Get the building up to fire codes and add fire effects. Add a couple more animatronics. Remaster the Mummy face projection in the main room in 4k and make the room more similar to Florida's version. Then, during the coaster portion, use projection effects like ones used on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy to project actual mummies chasing you, maybe project Egypt around you, etc. and geez, change the ending. And I'd theme the building more, similar to Singapore.

What do you guys think?
Yea, just add fire effects , jumping mummies ... similar to the one in Orlando .

First of all, welcome! It's great to see a new face.

...and I agree. Does anyone know why they didn't pull a Transformers back then and simply build the building higher? I'm thinking the former E.T. building came with some caveats that didn't make that possible, but it would have been nice to see.

Come to think of it, how much bigger is Florida's building than ours?
I'm guessing because it would have to take more time on doing that .. I mean that sound stage was specially made for the E.T. show so my guess is universal just said " f%@k that ! Let's just do it simple " lol.

^ They can't add real fire, the building doesn't have a fire permit, and Universal has been cutting down on fire effects.

Lol you quoted Jon's question from two years ago...they didn't make it bigger because they took the simple route and just used the existing building, it was cheaper.

The reason they practically started fresh for Transformers is because the ride replaced 2 small sound stages.

Is universal ever going to change the mummy rides ending or efects its weird how orlando got a much better mummy ride thats including jurrasic park too. Ive read on another post that maybe universal should enable projection on the mummy warrior cutouts similar to ghost galaxy in disneyland . And that ending is terrible is the old original ending going to come back with the fake fire and imohteps face exploding on the ceiling projection. Come on its 2015 how hard can it be for an ending change to the original im sure most of the projection and lighting equipment is still there why cant they just turn it back on with the flip of a switch.

I also hope that they maybe can create a better way to incorporate a better fake fire efect what are your guysthoughts on this

Did they update the cutouts or no and im surprised they even have refurbs and can anybody record a video of the new refurbishment

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Universal canceled the refurb probably because they anticipated large, large crowds. 

The crowd capacity changed dramatically this year with Despicable Me. Now you can barely move at all! Imagine closing another ride down even for a few days. That would cause 2+ hour wait times! 

Unfortunately, that's just a necessary evil. I think the best time to do it would be.. well, now. Get whatever it is that they need to do during a seasonal refurb done before Springfield and the new Studio Tour additions open.

Rode this today. The initial acceleration took about 30 seconds longer than normal but the funny thing was that the audio in the car itself did not. So we sat there listening to the ride movements and then by the time we went, it was quiet. When we got to the point where it reverses, the same thing happened. It was an interesting way to ride it.

Rode this today. The initial acceleration took about 30 seconds longer than normal but the funny thing was that the audio in the car itself did not. So we sat there listening to the ride movements and then by the time we went, it was quiet. When we got to the point where it reverses, the same thing happened. It was an interesting way to ride it.
Same thing happened, except for me only going reverse.

So your car got stuck for 30 seconds? Thats pretty funny. Did the treasure room play over and over again as well? Did they also let you ride again?

I heard that the mummy's ending was going to be changed is this true I also heard That imohteps face projection in the ending is going to be switched to an animatronic version is this true

"2015 for Studios

Springfield

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

New Scene replacing current F&F scene on tram tour

That's my two cents" - HTF back in 2013.

To what capacity will these Upgrades be? Who knows (let alone if they are still happening), although I think they should get rid of RoTM all together but that's a different story.

I'm wondering how long is it going to take before the mummy is going to close for good or be reincarnated to a different theme I'm hearing that the new mummy remake is supposed to come out but that means that the whole ride itself will probably be changed that's if they pick a new actor to play imohtep what are your guys thoughts in this topic?

The Mummy reboot has already been announced and it was supposed to be released this year but got pushed back to March of next year. HTF originally said that Mummy would of been refurbished this year to tie into the new film but since the film got pushed back, that's all up in the air. Also, we need to check the Box office profits as that'll be the defining factor of it being redone or gone.