Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

So it seems like ROTM will stay intact for a pretty while, which allows Universal to take time to develop a replacement for the attraction, maybe a DK-style indoor ride. I'm really intrigued at the idea of a DK-style roller coaster when the Mine Cart simulates the jumping cart like you see in the DK Country video games back in the 1990s. Hopefully, by next year in late 2019, we'll get an announcement of SNW Hollywood, two years after SNW was announced for the Japanese version.

If they were looking to announce SNW two years after the Osaka one was announced, it would be by this December (as it was properly revealed with concept art on December 2016).

If Mummy is staying, I vote for the original ending to be finally reinstated, as that was a great use of effects IMO.

There really is no excuse for the original ending to not have been brought back by now other than Universal being cheap a$$hats.

Hell, even the exit hallway is devoid of Mummy promo (Fraiser & Cruise). Always found it incredibly lazy that the exit was just tan walls instead of tomb walls/rockwork like the rest of the queue. You should be immersed in the ride theme from entrance to exit. It'd be cool if they did a mashup mural of Karloff, Fraiser, & Cruise (along with putting the static mummies back on their pedestals) in that exit hallway.

Also when they revamped the queue/exit/lockers, the should've added a cover to the exit stairs (nothing fancy, just poles & tan fabric)

If they were looking to announce SNW two years after the Osaka one was announced, it would be by this December (as it was properly revealed with concept art on December 2016).

If Mummy is staying, I vote for the original ending to be finally reinstated, as that was a great use of effects IMO.

Original ending for the Mummy? This December for the announcement for SNW Hollywood? You mean this year 2018?

Original ending for the Mummy? This December for the announcement for SNW Hollywood? You mean this year 2018?

1: In regards to Mummy, I was referring to how Mummy had a completely different ending than what we see today, where it used a domed screen based effect, with lighting and the fog. It was something very impressive, but was pulled a year or two after Hollywood's 2004 launch, for what I presume was ops cost and reliability.

2: I was referring to that, the first proper reveal of SNW (and not just the groundbreaking from June 2017 [and not in a generic sense of the partnership]) was in December of 2016 for the Osaka version, as that was when the first piece of concept art came out publicly.

Sorry for the confusion.

2: I was referring to that, the first proper reveal of SNW (and not just the groundbreaking from June 2017 [and not in a generic sense of the partnership]) was in December of 2016 for the Osaka version, as that was when the first piece of concept art came out publicly.

Sorry for the confusion.

Then we should expect a SNW Hollywood announcement by next year, as most of the SSs 22-25 is already being cleared at the Lower Lot. I think Nintendo really wants to rush it through in all three parks, only just one at a time.

Oh god.. not more screenz!!! :tease:

crappy quality video, but hey... original ending

I'd rather want an additional 180 degree screen with FauxFire and smoke than a strobe room with a single screen.

Then we should expect a SNW Hollywood announcement by next year, as most of the SSs 22-25 is already being cleared at the Lower Lot. I think Nintendo really wants to rush it through in all three parks, only just one at a time.

If we go by the Osaka route, we'd see a reveal at the end of the year. But unlike Osaka, we may not be able to have a groundbreaking ceremony, if they are starting right now.

If we go by the Osaka route, we'd see a reveal at the end of the year. But unlike Osaka, we may not be able to have a groundbreaking ceremony, if they are starting right now.

If construction is about to start for SNW Hollywood this year without a groundbreaking ceremony, I'm perfectly ok with it. Just announce it online or to the news reporters this year and we'll call it a day. However, aside from SS 22-25, there isn't really much going on there lately. I wonder why Universal and Nintendo are up to now in regards to the Lower Lot.

Ride condition update 10/21/2018 the 2nd scene projection “the curse is real has been down for a few days or more. I noticed it on Thursday and it was still down Sunday. I hope this isn’t a sign they are letting the ride fall apart and is on the chopping block. Yes it has been rumored to be closed several times over the last few years but I hope it stays around for awhile or the can replace it with a better coaster no more screen rides.

Ride condition update 10/21/2018 the 2nd scene projection “the curse is real has been down for a few days or more. I noticed it on Thursday and it was still down Sunday. I hope this isn’t a sign they are letting the ride fall apart and is on the chopping block. Yes it has been rumored to be closed several times over the last few years but I hope it stays around for awhile or the can replace it with a better coaster no more screen rides.
Well saturday the curse section was working but i cant remember if the wrapped body was there but the mummy was. 1st fire scene off 2nd fire scene on..

as of 10/26 the curse is real screen is still down. Also yesterday they had to evacuate the entire ride because someone had a panic attack after the ride car left the station. It was back up 10 min later but weird they had to take everyone off.