Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ridding the Toxicity

After another instance of stupidity - we're going to extremes. No other choice we see, sadly.

Next one that starts something with another user, whether it be on the pro or con side, is getting a week ban.

Enough.
I miss all the fun.

There's been an absolute ton of stuff that's happened in the theme park world in the past weeks.

* The opening of the most divisive theme park land in recent memory (Avatar)
* A water park opening that's had a divisive start (VB)
* A ride opening based on a divisive concept (Guardians in Cali)

Everything that the community has argued about over the years has opened in the past couple weeks. Then, add on some of the inevitable growing pains with the merger.

I'm sure that all of this will calm down in a couple weeks and people will go back to normal.
Really good points. Probably explains most everything.:thumbsup: Divisive issues create divisive discussions. Theme parks are somewhat similar to politics. But we try not to talk about politics;):lol:

I think a lot of this, well other than just the general downfall of civility in society, is just this is the first time we've had Dis and Uni opening major things in the same time period in the modern era. It has brought out the hardcore fans of each brand and given them something new to argue about. And its showing the ugliness of people. Before the "yeah it's new but it's just another screen ride" people couldn't respond to the "well at least they are built something this decade" argument, so everything stayed remotely civil. Now, people are just going overboard and are going to say their thing is the best ever and point out all the flaws with the other sides new thing. And it has gotten old quick. It's usually the same people over and over, and its on both sides. I get wanting to be impartial, but don't let a few people ruin this place for everyone. I'm excited for what both companies are going to come out with over the next few years, but I'm afraid it'll be squashed by the toxicity here. I'm afraid if things don't improve, Nintendo vs Star Wars will rip this place apart.