Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very excited to see what Mark Rose does in collaboration with Alan Schilke on this project. I'm going to put my money down right now that this project will be as well received as Steel Vengeance. Expect the unexpected folks.

I'm very excited to see what Mark Rose does in collaboration with Alan Schilke on this project. I'm going to put my money down right now that this project will be as well received as Steel Vengeance. Expect the unexpected folks.
Mark Rose is truly a legend for BGT and has drastically helped the park grown for over thirty years. I think he has been with the company since 1986 I believe. Im a little confused as to why he did not talk about Tigris being built at IAPPA and in the construction video but Andrew Schaffer did instead. I think Andrew presents more of the water slides and rides for families, while Mark does the thrill rides and roller coasters. Would not be surprised if Andrew took over Mark's position when he retires in the next decade. But I would love for Mark to do one more ride after Gwazi if he wants to. I know Mark really likes Gwazi a lot, and Im sure he really wants to get it right this time and make into an amazing coaster of what he truly envisioned it to be. Alan and Mark working on a coaster together is a deadly combo though.

Last edited:
Mark Rose is truly a legend for BGT and has drastically helped the park grown for over thirty years. I think he has been with the company since 1986 I believe. Im a little confused as to why he did not talk about Tigris being built at IAPPA and in the construction video but Andrew Schaffer did instead. I think Andrew presents more of the water slides and rides for families, while Mark does the thrill rides and roller coasters. Would not be surprised if Andrew took over Mark's position when he retires in the next decade. But I would love for Mark to do one more ride after Gwazi if he wants to. I know Mark really likes Gwazi a lot, and Im sure he really wants to get it right this time and make into an amazing coaster of what he truly envisioned it to be.
He is a fun guy to talk to, and really enjoys coasters (making them, riding them, talking about them)...He will be truly missed when he retires

giphy.gif

So Sonswa scaled the coaster for views. I won't link because he does these things just to get views and has no intention of following any rules of any parks or laws for that matter.

This is the same guy who's been banned from Disney twice, and filmed videos from Discovery Island, DisneyQuest (when it was being torn down), River Country, Wonders of Life, Walt's Plane, SS 18 & 19 at Universal and scaling Big Thunder Mountain. He is the epitome of why we can't have nice things.

All of this being said, his video does give a good look at what the current condition of things are like.

So Sonswa scaled the coaster for views. I won't link because he does these things just to get views and has no intention of following any rules of any parks or laws for that matter.

This is the same guy who's been banned from Disney twice, and filmed videos from Discovery Island, DisneyQuest (when it was being torn down), River Country, Wonders of Life, Walt's Plane, SS 18 & 19 at Universal and scaling Big Thunder Mountain. He is the epitome of why we can't have nice things.

All of this being said, his video does give a good look at what the current condition of things are like.

Watching it now. His videos are fascinating but 100% guarantee that he's going to either be arrested or be found dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.