River Country | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

River Country

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a tid-bit... the pool of River Country was actually designed to have a higher water-level than Bay Lake, meaning any water flow would go out of River Country and into the lake and not the other way round. If anything, River Country was actually cleaning the lake rather thean the other way around!

Just a tid-bit... the pool of River Country was actually designed to have a higher water-level than Bay Lake, meaning any water flow would go out of River Country and into the lake and not the other way round. If anything, River Country was actually cleaning the lake rather thean the other way around!

This is correct, but shhhhhh - it's more fun if certain people don't know that. :look::lol::lol:

There was truth to the rumors that at one point, they were considering theming the entire island to the (at the time) extremely popular Myst franchise and turning it into a very interactive game experience that I'd imagine would have been the predecessor to what Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is today. Too bad that one never came to pass.

I remember reading about the Myst idea online recently. It's too bad they didn't do that, it sounds extremely cool. I would think Disney would want to do something with that island instead of just letting it sit and rot.

I remember reading about the Myst idea online recently. It's too bad they didn't do that, it sounds extremely cool. I would think Disney would want to do something with that island instead of just letting it sit and rot.

I'd imagine at a certain point it's going to become an issue of what would it cost to get it operational again versus chalk it as a loss and be glad with the decades of cash flow you got out of it and call it a day.

The Myst idea was cool when Myst was hot, but that franchise has kind of died out completely. Had they gone with it, I wonder if the attraction would be stale by now because the buzz is gone. Pop culture flavor of the week doesn't really work for an upcharge concept at all, unless it's just temporary.

If I were Disney I would put a high-end Spa and 5 star Pacific Rim/ Sushi restaurant on the island. Rehab the nature trails. And rename it Paradise Isle. Make it age 16 and up. And you can only get on the boat to the place if you have a reservation.

If I were Disney I would put a high-end Spa and 5 star Pacific Rim/ Sushi restaurant on the island. Rehab the nature trails. And rename it Paradise Isle. Make it age 16 and up. And you can only get on the boat to the place if you have a reservation.

I think a Pirate concept is a no-brainer. Not necessarily saying I *want* yet another Pirate attraction. The market is definitely saturated, but that stuff sells.

I think it sort of goes to prove if the Island was as easy as a flip of a switch and snap of a finger to reopen, it would have already happened in the height of the POTC franchise frenzy.

I'd imagine at a certain point it's going to become an issue of what would it cost to get it operational again versus chalk it as a loss and be glad with the decades of cash flow you got out of it and call it a day.

The Myst idea was cool when Myst was hot, but that franchise has kind of died out completely. Had they gone with it, I wonder if the attraction would be stale by now because the buzz is gone. Pop culture flavor of the week doesn't really work for an upcharge concept at all, unless it's just temporary.

Yeah, they probably would've done something by now.

I really liked the Myst idea not so much because of the association with the franchise but just because the idea of a live-action interactive game on an island seems unbearably cool. But I guess it would take a huge investment to create something like that.

Yeah, they probably would've done something by now.

I really liked the Myst idea not so much because of the association with the franchise but just because the idea of a live-action interactive game on an island seems unbearably cool. But I guess it would take a huge investment to create something like that.

More over than that - an interactive game is the sort of franchise that you'd have to be prepared to update OFTEN if you want repeat business. Not that it's a bad idea - it would be awesome - I just question if Disney would be willing to make the long-term comitment. They sort of seem to be more in the business of build something and then move along to focus on something new and never look back these days, which is NOT good news.

More over than that - an interactive game is the sort of franchise that you'd have to be prepared to update OFTEN if you want repeat business. Not that it's a bad idea - it would be awesome - I just question if Disney would be willing to make the long-term comitment. They sort of seem to be more in the business of build something and then move along to focus on something new and never look back these days, which is NOT good news.

Well, does it have to be tied into an actual video gaming series? I mean, Disney could do something original that's just a submersive experience.

Well, does it have to be tied into an actual video gaming series? I mean, Disney could do something original that's just a submersive experience.

No - not at all - but before anyone gets their hopes up too high I just want to clarify that this is nothing more than idle conversation. NOTHING is actually happening with Discovery Island, sadly. :'(

I never even got to go to River Country. I think it would be pretty sick of they turned it into a pirate themed water park.

I'm not much of a fan of any of Disney's water parks, though. Sure, they look nice and pretty but neither of the two parks that are open have that many slides... which equals long lines...

Thanks for posting the link Roll N Fear. I don't understand why Disney doesn't do anything to the land. I would think they would at least clear out some of the stuff.

I know what they could do that would require barely any cash as all!
RiverCountry036.jpg

Haunted Swamp! :lol: