Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's showing up in the FP list but no availability.

Pricey Dining package might be the way to go these first few days if you're dying to see it and won't be back for a while.

Also- it's only going to be ONE show per night. Even at just 15 mins :/
I don't buy that it's only going to be one show per night. I have to think they will update the schedule over time and do AT LEAST two (three in busy seasons).

I don't buy that it's only going to be one show per night. I have to think they will update the schedule over time and do AT LEAST two (three in busy seasons).

Fastpasses are live.
Only has one show for any of the dates listed. 7:15pm

They go to nightly operation in the 2nd week of April.

So I would assume the one show a night operation until Avatar opens tbh. Given the track record of this show- I think being cautious is the right move.

Fastpasses are live.

So I would assume the one show a night operation until Avatar opens tbh. Given the track record of this show- I think being cautious is the right move.
Maybe you're right on one a night until Avatar (will it really be necessary for more really anyway before?).

I just don't buy that they will only do one a night once Pandora is open.

Just FYI, if any locals want to see the show, Fastpasses are all readily available for every day of opening weekend currently. This will change fairly quickly though with FP+ taking up half of a 5,000 seat theatre and the FP+ side shares with the dining package people.

Fastpasses are live.

Note that they are only running Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for now. Exception being 2/17

Last edited:
The potential good thing about the current schedule (until it goes nightly in April) is that it allows to take in guest surveys and test and adjust accordingly. Now will they? Who knows. But it's a great opportunity for them to do it before DAK starts to get crowded over the summer.

Blog Mickey put together what the schedule for the show currently looks like through June (of course dates and times are always subject to change):

February 17th to March 11th – 7:15pm (showing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday)
March 12th to April 8th – 8:45pm (showing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday)
April 9th to April 22nd – 8:30pm and 9:45pm (shown nightly)
April 23rd to April 29th – 8:45pm (shown nightly)
April 30th to June 30th – 9:15pm (shown nightly)

The potential good thing about the current schedule (until it goes nightly in April) is that it allows to take in guest surveys and test and adjust accordingly. Now will they? Who knows. But it's a great opportunity for them to do it before DAK starts to get crowded over the summer.
Question #1 What did you think of Rivers of Light?
A. Best Show Disney Has Ever Created
B. I loved Every Second
C. Can I pay more money to see it next time
D. All the above

Comments: Closed for maintenece

Reactions: Nick and Coasted
For any locals out there, Rivers of Light will have it's first PUBLIC preview tonight. FP+ selections for tonight's show have gone live as well. A small part of me is hoping that the showing they put on for the small group was just a portion of the show but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Coasted
Did anyone post this? Now these are the details I want to see

And how the heck do you embed a tweet? I chose embed this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some Rivers of Light show operation details. <a href="https://t.co/0g39Bduu8n">pic.twitter.com/0g39Bduu8n</a></p>&mdash; bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) <a href="">February 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and shiekra38
Did anyone post this? Now these are the details I want to see

And how the heck do you embed a tweet? I chose embed this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some Rivers of Light show operation details. <a href="https://t.co/0g39Bduu8n">pic.twitter.com/0g39Bduu8n</a></p>&mdash; bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) <a href="">February 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To embed a tweet copy the URL and then select the media button (the one with the film strips), past the URL in there.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'll say this. If that fire tower was twice as high and shot a hand full of relatively quiet pyro out to the sides at the end of the show, that would fix the whole thing for me. What this lacks is an impressive finale. The tower is minuscule and gets blocked by the fountains making it appear even smaller. We just need one big WOW moment to finish this out. Fly some lantern drones around.
Click on media (the film strip) then post the url link of the tweet.

I'll say this. If that fire tower was twice as high and shot a hand full of relatively quiet pyro out to the sides at the end of the show, that would fix the whole thing for me. What this lacks is an impressive finale. The tower is minuscule and gets blocked by the fountains making it appear even smaller. We just need one big WOW moment to finish this out. Fly some lantern drones around.

The WOC show uses fire but there is one scene where there is a burst of fire that must be like 100 feet high. ROL needed that.

@19:48...

And the narrator boats are just silly. They don't add anything and really the guest would be just as well served by a voiceover instead of the odd contortion dance.