Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

Ug... there is this pradaxa commercial on tv right now that has the goldfish. The music sounds like the gourd xylophone used in the background all over Discovery Island in AK. That sound makes me so happy as I love the park and design. :cry:

Lighting test! !!!!
Yeah, this was last night.

We're not far from this show debuting. Although a date not announced, everything i've heard online and from CMs tells me by mid-March it should be up and running nightly (multiple shows - and that IS announced).

That picture made me realize how far away the Tree of Life is from the amphitheater. I was under the impression that the tree would be an integral part of the show with the new light-up leaves, by maybe not?

Looking at that photo, it seems like this body of water is almost as large, if not larger than the one at World Showcase. In that case, the tree is more of a background element rather than a part of the show similar to looking at American Adventure from the Future World side of the showcase.

No wheres even close. More like 1/5 or 1/6 the size.

epcot_ak_zpss90rld1d.jpg

That picture made me realize how far away the Tree of Life is from the amphitheater. I was under the impression that the tree would be an integral part of the show with the new light-up leaves, by maybe not?
The tree will be a small part of the show.

ToL will however have a nighttime show of it's own, similar to Celebrate the Magic at MK.

I'm sure the TOL, as large as it is, still serves as a major backdrop for the sure.

Disney has announced Rivers of Light is opening April 22nd

This is interesting because the park hours says it closes at 6:30, but sunset is not until 7:55. Wonder if this announcement happened before the park hours were changed. Also, the night time safari, is it opening around the same time?

I need to remember to get fast passes for the 23rd when they come available.