Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Roller Coaster crash at Alton Towers

Vicky is the worst one for it, she hired a publicist after the crash and there have been many pointless articles like "Vicky takes her dog for a walk" and then this one too

Alton Towers crash victim Vicky Balch poses for racy photoshoot in quest to feel sexy again - Mirror Online

It's funny how only The Smiler stoppages get reported, if they reported every breakdown then they'd need a live feed for Galactica!

I didn't realise it had got that bad. I guess they've all had a life changing injuries and their compensation will have reflected that. So they can do what they want, but there's no need to keep being in the public eye. Seems to be the two girls making more out of it.

I'm quite shocked but not surprised at the poor protocols and practices that obviously caused this horrific accident. As a maintenance engineer myself I see bad practice quite often and unfortunately it is rife throughout many industries.

What shocks me the most though is that there was a downtime bonus scheme in place. The less downtime the more money ride ops and tech services got. Now that's an incentive that can lead to disaster.

That doesn't seem very high for what happened tbh
Thats only their Fine, not the compensation. I don't think compensation has been disclosed, I think everyone settled out of court and privately.

I guess the Millions they've lost in revenue to lower attendance would have softened the fine.