Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant - Toy Story Land | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant - Toy Story Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is... not the best. It's slapping something together to solve a problem that should've been thought of in the design process. It is in theme with the land and does it's job of blocking the Animation building from certain angles now, but only certain angles. It's still pretty bad from most of the land. Take these two photos from the same spot for example (all photos from BlogMickey):
roundup-rodeo-bbq-bullseye-cutout-5-1920x1280.jpg

roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-7-1920x1080.jpg

Now let's back up near the quick service and it just looks ridiculous:
roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-4-1920x1280.jpg

roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-5-1920x1280.jpg

If you're gonna degrade theming for the sake of sightlines, then you don't have your priorities straight.
The sightlines were pretty bad and quite frankly i'm surprised they even addressed this in any way rather than let it be. However, by addressing it as they have, there's now theming up top for guests to look at (which looks janky) and you're drawing more eyeballs to the poor sightlines.

The better solution would've just been to demolish to Animation building as is my ultimate goal for the park!

Reactions: belloq87
This is... not the best. It's slapping something together to solve a problem that should've been thought of in the design process. It is in theme with the land and does it's job of blocking the Animation building from certain angles now, but only certain angles. It's still pretty bad from most of the land. Take these two photos from the same spot for example (all photos from BlogMickey):
roundup-rodeo-bbq-bullseye-cutout-5-1920x1280.jpg

roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-7-1920x1080.jpg

Now let's back up near the quick service and it just looks ridiculous:
roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-4-1920x1280.jpg

roundup-rodeo-bbq-flat-backdrop-03112023-5-1920x1280.jpg

I think this is really quite ugly.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I think this is really quite ugly.
I don’t like flats as a rule, but up closer where it does block the bad sight lines I think it looks… fine relative to the theming in the land?

But when you step back and realize it’s not even doing a good job of blocking sight lines then it’s just pointless and looks sub-par for what we know WDI is capable of.

Here's a look inside

It's cute...makes me wish we had a proper Toy Story dark ride

There was enough room on this restaurant plot with still more unused space. This easily could’ve been one. The land did need another dining option though and being in AC helps too.

Reactions: shiekra38
I hope there's sound dampening installed.
The trend of hard sound reflecting surfaces and square walls in restaurants is a trend that needs to stop

Are these the same wall wraps from the Slinky Dog queue? Those are going to be destroyed.
Oooh that's very true, I reckon they are

Yep, based on this video I just added this to our itinerary for our fall trip. Specifically because my 3 year old will absolutely love it.
I'm actually a fan of the whole area, I just think it needs a true dark ride

And I also realize it's a moot point to argue about it because it's fun for people to hate it for some reason

It's shocking how low the bar has been set for Disney. We know this place will be booked solid every day simply on the IP name (and location).

They have to be working on a breakfast option for this too right? A lot of people rush here first early on.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick