Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Earlier today I was looking at various weeks in late April & May to possibly book for 2017. Looks like rooms are booking up fast. There were many dates where availability of the standard rooms, (garden, pool & lagoon views) were limited. There might be something big going on, since Portofino, RP & Hard Rock room choices were also limited on a good number of dates. If anyone is looking to book during that time period, it might be wise to start looking at dates fairly soon....My, how things have changed at Universal in a matter of a few years. In 2011, 2012 & 2013 I could book any onsite hotel, and get a good choice of rooms a couple of weeks before leaving. Not anymore. And there's way more rooms, to boot.

I wonder if Volcano Bay opening has anything to do with those dates in particular. Things certainly have changed though!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if Volcano Bay opening has anything to do with those dates in particular. Things certainly have changed though!
Probably a bit, but there was one week in particular, though I forget exactly which one, where just about all the standard rooms everywhere were already booked. Keep in mind that I was looking at multiple day stays (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10- 14), so single or short stays may still be OK.

Has the new convention center completely opened yet? I cannot figure out how they are booking these places so well, except, I suppose dangling a convention private party in Diagon or Hogsmeade or both might help a wee bit. ;)

I had a thought how the MK castle was a dream come true for millions of new visitors while Uni had none of that. Potter has become Universal's dream come true in spades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Has the new convention center completely opened yet? I cannot figure out how they are booking these places so well, except, I suppose dangling a convention private party in Diagon or Hogsmeade or both might help a wee bit. ;)

I had a thought how the MK castle was a dream come true for millions of new visitors while Uni had none of that. Potter has become Universal's dream come true in spades.
For sure, it's Potter, plus Universal has the big "Momentum" on it's side with all of the excitement generated over new lands, new attractions, beautiful new family affordable hotel resorts, CitiWalk updates and Volcano Bay. And then they are expanding their entertainment while WDW cuts theirs. We talked to a couple of laid off former DHS Citizens of Hollywood that now are working in the Studios Park (The Yellow Cab driver, the Monroe show director). Great to see the direction that Universal is going....Looks like I'm going to have to book my Spring trip this week seeing how the Portofino April & May standard room vacancies are fast disappearing.

The convention area on the sapphire side is super nice as well. We walked through the royal pacific convention area to the new sapphire one. It is night and day. Royal Pacific is very dark and looks super dated, while the other light and airy.

Reactions: Teebin and Mad Dog
The convention area on the sapphire side is super nice as well. We walked through the royal pacific convention area to the new sapphire one. It is night and day. Royal Pacific is very dark and looks super dated, while the other light and airy.

Quite a difference natural sunlight makes, right?

Reactions: Joel
Having said a few months ago I would opt for RPR over SF due to the extra cost being worth it for express. Well due to the killer drop in the £££ I must eat my words.

I have indeed booked a 5 night stay at SF instead of RPR. Thanks Brexit.

I am looking forward to the stay and I will regain my Proud record of staying at all the resort hotels but will miss the express.

Having said a few months ago I would opt for RPR over SF due to the extra cost being worth it for express. Well due to the killer drop in the £££ I must eat my words.

I have indeed booked a 5 night stay at SF instead of RPR. Thanks Brexit.

I am looking forward to the stay and I will regain my Proud record of staying at all the resort hotels but will miss the express.

With Brexit, UK visitors could be drastically reduced so hopefully the wait times are more manageable.

Either way, you'll have a blast.

You never know, maybe Trump will get elected and the exchange rate with correct itself.

So I ended up booking a four-night stay at Sapphire for my Halloween vacation and am honestly really happy with the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, the atmosphere was incredibly relaxing, and the patio at Strong Water Tavern made for a great place to hang out at night. Sitting out looking over the lagoon with a drink just put me right in that vacation mindset.

I honestly didn't find the barn-door-bathroom to be as much of a problem as the shower door (there's no seal so water can escape onto the floor by the toilet if you're not careful), but that is my only real nitpick. Definitely looking forward to staying here again when Volcano Bay opens (as long as they post an AP rate again by then).

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Ok, I have 2 questions! First, how are you properly supposed to cross from Sapphire Falls to Cabana Bay, when you aren't a SF guest? I know there's the garden walk, but isn't that only accessible inside the pool area? And 2, what do you guys think about transportation from Sapphire Falls to Volcano Bay? Will there be a direct bus route, only walking, or bus to the parking hub, then back on another bus to VB? Thanks! ;)

Ok, I have 2 questions! First, how are you properly supposed to cross from Sapphire Falls to Cabana Bay, when you aren't a SF guest? I know there's the garden walk, but isn't that only accessible inside the pool area? And 2, what do you guys think about transportation from Sapphire Falls to Volcano Bay? Will there be a direct bus route, only walking, or bus to the parking hub, then back on another bus to VB? Thanks! ;)
This should answer Q1: (from Cabana Bay Beach Resort thread)
There's another way to get to the Garden Walk from the boat dock. When you exit the boat dock take a left and follow the path until you reach the convention center road. Take another left and follow the sidewalk there until you reach the Garden Walk where it crosses the convention center road.

I think they'll make you walk to the tunnel from SF to get to VB.

Reactions: 12th Man
Note: As I said in the CBBR Thread, when asked, I was TOLD to cross the street (and there was probably about 5 others doing it too). So do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Universal obviously isn't actively trying to stop people from crossing.

Reactions: 12th Man and Joel
Note: As I said in the CBBR Thread, when asked, I was TOLD to cross the street (and there was probably about 5 others doing it too). So do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Universal obviously isn't actively trying to stop people from crossing.

This kind of amazes me, if somebody gets knocked down by a car crossing the street, couldn't Universal be liable?

I'm surprised they haven't just built a crosswalk yet. If people are crossing the road already, imagine how bad it's going to be once Volcano Bay opens.

This kind of amazes me, if somebody gets knocked down by a car crossing the street, couldn't Universal be liable?

I'm surprised they haven't just built a crosswalk yet. If people are crossing the road already, imagine how bad it's going to be once Volcano Bay opens.
Yeah, it's very surprising there's no crosswalk. The guy I talked to said to "be careful" :lol:

Reactions: Scott W.