Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn't this supposed to open in few days? They are really cutting it close. I believe the wing next to the convention center might not be open for a few months while work is being completed.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Isn't this supposed to open in few days? They are really cutting it close. I believe the wing next to the convention center might not be open for a few months while work is being completed.

This Thursday is the opening day. There were people all over scrambling. That doesn't leave a lot of room to fix any problems that pop up. It'll be interesting for sure, I bet there will be areas still blocked off on opening day.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

1) I think the sign had letters hanging off removed.

2) Len Testa tells stories of him touring the Hard Rock on day one and he was helping management nail pictures to walls. All hotels come in REALLY HOT. The most important part is already done: the rooms.

So unlike theme park attractions, there is no "soft" opening for the hotels? They simply just open? Seems like they are cutting it pretty close. I sure wouldn't want to stay there when it first opens.

However, there really isn't too much that can go wrong, aside from plumbing, electrical, and computer issues. Generally, computer issues seem to be the biggest hiccup for hotels. You don't really have to worry about getting stuck in your room or having the bed go off the rails.

Reactions: Joel and Bulldog45
So unlike theme park attractions, there is no "soft" opening for the hotels? They simply just open? Seems like they are cutting it pretty close. I sure wouldn't want to stay there when it first opens.

Hotels can open in phases, like one tower could be 100% ready, but the second tower needs fixtures or artwork installed. The restaurant could be open for business, but operating with temporary menus because some of the equipment isn't installed yet. The pool might not be open, but the walkways around it are. Those sorts of things. With a ride, it's all or nothing, unless there are some diversions to the queue while they finish that up.

However, there really isn't too much that can go wrong, aside from plumbing, electrical, and computer issues. Generally, computer issues seem to be the biggest hiccup for hotels. You don't really have to worry about getting stuck in your room or having the bed go off the rails.

Considering that the Loew's properties are all integrated with Universal POS systems in the resort, I'm pretty confident that computer issues are unlikely. If anything, I could see the electronic door locks having the occasional hiccup, but everything else should be operating pretty well from day one.

Reactions: Joel and SkiBum
Hotels can open in phases, like one tower could be 100% ready, but the second tower needs fixtures or artwork installed. The restaurant could be open for business, but operating with temporary menus because some of the equipment isn't installed yet. The pool might not be open, but the walkways around it are. Those sorts of things. With a ride, it's all or nothing, unless there are some diversions to the queue while they finish that up.

Considering that the Loew's properties are all integrated with Universal POS systems in the resort, I'm pretty confident that computer issues are unlikely. If anything, I could see the electronic door locks having the occasional hiccup, but everything else should be operating pretty well from day one.

Completely agree.