Scream 7 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Scream 7

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do have to say though, it would be quite ironic if Scream 7 took the "Halloween" route and ends up being a direct sequel to 4 with Neve, David and Courtney.
This takes me back to my Scream 5 prediction that it was going to be a surprise requel, direct sequel to the original

Reactions: SixBillium
This takes me back to my Scream 5 prediction that it was going to be a surprise requel, direct sequel to the original
IMO Scream 4 was a half-requel so I can pretend 3 never existed lol.

I still think the idea of actually doing a requel next could work, but it depends on if the OG trio, or anyone involved, really, is willing to return after all of this drama. Admittedly, it COULD be a pretty sweet twist that I have faith Landon could pull off if he's still attached, and make lemonade out of lemons.

But many people seem (rightfully) put-off by studios, others lost faith in the franchise years ago / when 5 was announced, and I don't think anyone in the entire world wants to see a reboot/remake of the original. Scream seems pretty dead for a while.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Jesus christ they need to just cancel this movie. Nobody wants to watch this

I mean…to be fair, this is probably the best possible alternative if you don’t have the power to cancel the movie.

But yeah, I’m not hot to support this movie after an extreme knee-jerk reaction to someone posting their thoughts on their personal social media page. Beyond stupid.

Like....I'm bitter and hope that no legacy actors return

Just F you Spyglass, and I really hope stockholders look into this because you don't want to lose easy money makers

I mean… I was pretty mad at Spyglass before Scream 6 for trying to short change Neve Campbell, essentially forcing her to walk away from a franchise centered around her character arc. I don’t find any of this surprising from the company.

The solidarity argument tho is losing me tho cuz nobody stood by Neve at the time and everyone still continued to make the film. Not sure how public it was, whether any of the cast knew about it and if they may have already signed contracts, but I remember kind of being shocked at the time that nobody was showing support.

I hate this decision, hated the prior one, but I don’t think this is ruining the franchise. I think they laid the franchise to rest when they let Neve walk and this is just the nail in the coffin.

I mean…to be fair, this is probably the best possible alternative if you don’t have the power to cancel the movie.

But yeah, I’m not hot to support this movie after an extreme knee-jerk reaction to someone posting their thoughts on their personal social media page. Beyond stupid.
reminded me of Gina Carano firing. completely detailed all the plans they had for her character.

I'm so angry about this but on this day of Thanksgiving... I'm grateful for having 6 enjoyable movies in this franchise thus far. Most horror franchise could never. So thanks for all the Screams.

scream 3 is not enjoyable lol...

Well… damn. I actually liked the new protagonists. I’m not excited if Neve Campbell decides to come back; as far as I’m concerned Sidney’s character arc is finished.
This is especially why it's so upsetting. I REALLY liked the new Core 4 - and it seemed like, for the first time, a reboot of a franchise was going to REALLY work and be able to move forward with its new characters.

Then *poof*