Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWord Sunday Dec 22 or Tuesday Dec 24?

Aug 11, 2019
Hi,

We want to pick a day with less crowds to go visit SeaWorld, Orlando and the choices are between Sunday Dec 22 or Tuesday Dec 24 (Christmas Eve).

Which is the better day to go?

Thanks

Universal & Disney are both projected level 9/10 's crowds on those days per Touring Plans. I would imagine Sea World is about the same. Probably a pick your poison scenario. Crushed no matter what.

Thanks Mad Dog,

Our vacation start from Dec 14 when we fly into Orlando, to Dec 30 when we fly black. From Dec 15 t0 Dec 20, that are the lowest days on the crowds calendars 7/10 and 8/10, we are going to Disney and Universal.

Plus we have 3 day tickets for any SeaWorld parks. So we are planning to do 1 day at SeaWorld and 2 days at BuschGardens, we are only interested on the roller coasters on those parks, and we want to pick from Dec 21 to Dec 29 the two days with the lowest crowds, one of those two days for SeaWorld and the other lowest crowd day for Busch Gardens.

So the plan so far is Sunday 22 SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Monday 23 and Tuesday 24. But if Christmas Eve would have slightly less crowds than a Sunday, even if it wasn't reflected on those calendars, we could do SeaWorld on the 24 (Christmas Eve) and Busch Gardens Sunday 22 and Monday 23.

I was really expecting a local, or someone with experience visiting Orlando parks at his time of the year to help me out, but I guess with the data that we have available at this time, there may be no way knowing any of this.

Thanks Mad Dog,

Our vacation start from Dec 14 when we fly into Orlando, to Dec 30 when we fly black. From Dec 15 t0 Dec 20, that are the lowest days on the crowds calendars 7/10 and 8/10, we are going to Disney and Universal.

Plus we have 3 day tickets for any SeaWorld parks. So we are planning to do 1 day at SeaWorld and 2 days at BuschGardens, we are only interested on the roller coasters on those parks, and we want to pick from Dec 21 to Dec 29 the two days with the lowest crowds, one of those two days for SeaWorld and the other lowest crowd day for Busch Gardens.

So the plan so far is Sunday 22 SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Monday 23 and Tuesday 24. But if Christmas Eve would have slightly less crowds than a Sunday, even if it wasn't reflected on those calendars, we could do SeaWorld on the 24 (Christmas Eve) and Busch Gardens Sunday 22 and Monday 23.

I was really expecting a local, or someone with experience visiting Orlando parks at his time of the year to help me out, but I guess with the data that we have available at this time, there may be no way knowing any of this.
Yes, I don't know the local inside outs. One guess though is that Sea World is considered to have one of the best holiday set ups among the theme parks, which would probably cause a lot of out of town tourists to go there on Christmas Eve.

If you’re only doing coasters, the days won’t really matter for SeaWorld. Their shows fill up really early, but the coasters always have a reasonable wait.

This isn’t true for Busch Gardens.

I’d expect the Sunday before would be busier for Busch Gardens then Christmas Eve as their holiday event isn’t as well regarded as SeaWorlds. Then again, you’re going to be fine either way. If you’re focus is the coasters, you’ll have more than enough time at either park.

Yes, I don't know the local inside outs. One guess though is that Sea World is considered to have one of the best holiday set ups among the theme parks, which would probably cause a lot of out of town tourists to go there on Christmas Eve.

Thanks Mad Dog, So I guess Sunday 22 is the day for SeaWorld then :)

Last edited:
If you’re only doing coasters, the days won’t really matter for SeaWorld. Their shows fill up really early, but the coasters always have a reasonable wait.

This isn’t true for Busch Gardens.

I’d expect the Sunday before would be busier for Busch Gardens then Christmas Eve as their holiday event isn’t as well regarded as SeaWorlds. Then again, you’re going to be fine either way. If you’re focus is the coasters, you’ll have more than enough time at either park.

WAJAS98 so I guess the original plan stays. Busch Gardens Monday 23 and Sunday 24 and SeaWorld Sunday 22

We are planing to pay for Quick Queue Unlimited (Skip the coasters lines) for SeaWorld and on the Dec 23 for Busch Gardens, since it seems that Dec 23rd is lowest Crowds of the 2 days. I read online that sometimes Busch Gardens is so busy, that even the Quick Queue lines takes forever.

Now the only question left is, wait to buy the Quick Queue Unlimited once we are on the parks and see the crowd's levels or purchase them now? I know the online could be cheaper that at the park, so I will purchase them online even if we are already at the park. The issue is that they already raise the price a few weeks ago, for the Quick Queue Unlimited at both parks, and I'm afraid that they may raise it again if I wait for the day off.

Last edited: