SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the real problem and this is the problem that Universal has faced also is that the more parks a resort has the cheaper it is. It's hard to compete with Disney and now Universal for that extra day when it may only cost $10 versus almost $100 for SeaWorld.

Agree 100%. Why spend 79.99 for 1-Day at SeaWorld when you can get an extra day at Disney or Uni for less.

I think the real problem and this is the problem that Universal has faced also is that the more parks a resort has the cheaper it is. It's hard to compete with Disney and now Universal for that extra day when it may only cost $10 versus almost $100 for SeaWorld.

I think the next couple of years, and the amount Sea World invests in their parks will determine how well they do when Universal moves in...I wouldn't count it out as an option for tourists

SeaWorld is switching to a more reigonal approach anyway, like Busch Gardens. That's not to say they still won't attract tourists, but clearly they realise that their market is shifting.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I feel like SeaWorld has finally and officially gotten over their Blackfish issues.

Now they have to deal with a rapidly changing theme park landscape that they don't have the cash or the IPs to compete in.

Sesame Street is going to be a huge boon for them. I think we'll see Universal beef up Seuss Landing as a response to Sesame Street opening up (wishful thinking, I know). It'll have a Potter-sized impact, but on a Seaworld scale.

I feel like SeaWorld has finally and officially gotten over their Blackfish issues.

Now they have to deal with a rapidly changing theme park landscape that they don't have the cash or the IPs to compete in.

Sesame Street is going to be a huge boon for them. I think we'll see Universal beef up Seuss Landing as a response to Sesame Street opening up (wishful thinking, I know). It'll have a Potter-sized impact, but on a Seaworld scale.
More importantly, BLACKSTONE is gone.

As a European and former Florida resident I like parks like Bush Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando. They are offering something else and also nothing I can get in Europe.
When the crapshow that is FunSpot ($50) can exist I will root for Sea World.