Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I'm surprised no one is talking about Warner Bros being a potential buyer. They're far more likely to take a risk like this than someone like Universal. WB could buy it, tear down the animal exhibits and old rides, and build their first US theme park there.

I'm surprised no one is talking about Warner Bros being a potential buyer. They're far more likely to take a risk like this than someone like Universal. WB could buy it, tear down the animal exhibits and old rides, and build their first US theme park there.

Without the ability to use Harry Potter. Why bother?

Edit: on top of this, I’m not sure what deal Six Flags has in place with their IPs.

The most realistic buyout rumor for SeaWorld was Parques Reunidos, and they would've still run the park as a SeaWorld park anyway.

Since the merger with AT"T, there's been financial issues. AT&T is more in the mindset of divesting assets, than acquisitions, at this point in time.

DC Comics, Looney Toons, LoTR (technically), Godzilla, Detective Pikachu/Pokemon Universe (Universal might not have that IP yet), Minecraft, Inception, the Matrix, Ready Player One, Scooby Doo, etc.

Since the merger with AT"T, there's been financial issues. AT&T is more in the mindset of divesting assets, than acquisitions, at this point in time.

I wouldn't put a new theme park past them. They just opened one in Abu Dhabi.

DC Comics, Looney Toons, LoTR (technically), Godzilla, Detective Pikachu/Pokemon Universe (Universal might not have that IP yet), Minecraft, Inception, the Matrix, Ready Player One, Scooby Doo, etc.

I wouldn't put a new theme park past them. They just opened one in Abu Dhabi.

Don’t Six Flags have DC and Looney Toons? Universal have Pokemon I’m sure.

The rest are have beens and can’t compete at the same level as the other parks in the area.

The Six Flags contract is ending soon, and what about LoTR?

9 years isn’t ending soon and that’s assuming that they don’t extend. They’re pretty much invested and it could cost more to retheme all the rides than extend the contract.

What about lotr? Unless the Amazon series is a huge hit, it’s a dying franchise regardless of its popularity.

9 years isn’t ending soon and that’s assuming that they don’t extend. They’re pretty much invested and it could cost more to retheme all the rides than extend the contract.

Six Flags might try to extend the contract, but that doesn't mean WB wants to.

What about lotr? Unless the Amazon series is a huge hit, it’s a dying franchise regardless of its popularity.

*incoming remakes*

Without the ability to use Harry Potter. Why bother?

Edit: on top of this, I’m not sure what deal Six Flags has in place with their IPs.
I mean, technically, if WB *really* wanted too, they could just not extend the contract they have with Universal once it runs up in the late 2020's and then they'd have Potter. But the amount of balls that would take would be huge when WB is still new to the theme park space and to have to live up to UORs version of WWoHP is a lot and they can also command a ton of money on the extension given how popular Potter is for Universal.

So yeah, not gonna happen.

That's not what I'm saying. WB could buy the land that SeaWorld Orlando is on, keep a few of the rides, then build the rest of the park from scratch.

They don’t need SeaWorld to build a park. It would be cheaper to just buy land and build it how they see fit without paying the premium for an existing park. They also don’t want to be the company that’s having to deal with the relocation of the animals.

I mean, technically, if WB *really* wanted too, they could just not extend the contract they have with Universal once it runs up in the late 2020's and then they'd have Potter. But the amount of balls that would take would be huge when WB is still new to the theme park space and to have to live up to UORs version of WWoHP is a lot, but they can also command a ton of money on the extension given how popular Potter is for Universal.

So yeah, not gonna happen.

I thought the HP contract had been extended till 2048?

Warner Brothers has ZERO interest in running theme parks again. They got out of the business once, I don't see AT&T wanting to bring them back.