SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here is every little tidbit that was told relating to the future of the Orlando park at the TownHall.

1. In the first ten days of June, expect a new "thing" in the relaxation area next to Wild Arctic. I am just expecting a new street performance group or band, such as Sing It at Universal.

2. New Pass Member benefits were discussed such as..
- A Pass Member only outdoor area at Aquatica in response to the surprising popularity of the Pass Member Lounge at SeaWorld. By the way, the new park president apparently championed that lounge when nobody else thought it would amount to anything special.
- The side entrance turnstiles at SeaWorld, which have never been in use I believe, may be opened on especially busy days as a Pass Member only entrance.

3. The new park president is also championing the return of the SeaWorld mimes. They would not be the park "mascot" like they were in the early 2000s, and may not necessarily be a part of the sea lion shows. I would expect them to become a roaming street act. I was told that they may be included as a part of Sea Lions Tonite when that show returns in 2017. Speaking of which...

4. Sea Lions Tonite is highly likely to be returning in Summer 2017, but this would not be the attraction that is a part of the 5-year plan. The current show's cast animals are still learning the current show and are considered new, so they are waiting for them to completely learn this show before they add another.

5. The Orca shows are expected to stop at the end of 2018, but the range for is between late 2017 and early 2019.

6. The Christmas Festivities this year will include a new "realm,"whatever that means. They also seem very in to using their new rights to the Rudolph IP to the fullest extent they can, so maybe selling them to Universal is not as certain as was previously thought. They "want to own Christmas."

7. Manby said that we can expect lot of animal habitat improvements and new attractions (not necessarily separately) in the near future. I assume he is referring to the same Dolphin Cove project @hatetofly mentioned previously.

I really hope these TownHall events become a yearly or bi-yearly event. It was honestly very interesting to meet the people behind these major decisions at the company. Also, some Mako Pass Member preview and benefit information was released, but I will put that in the appropriate thread.

Here is every little tidbit that was told relating to the future of the Orlando park at the TownHall.

1. In the first ten days of June, expect a new "thing" in the relaxation area next to Wild Arctic. I am just expecting a new street performance group or band, such as Sing It at Universal.

- A Pass Member only outdoor area at Aquatica in response to the surprising popularity of the Pass Member Lounge at SeaWorld. By the way, the new park president apparently championed that lounge when nobody else thought it would amount to anything special.
- The side entrance turnstiles at SeaWorld, which have never been in use I believe, may be opened on especially busy days as a Pass Member only entrance.

3. The new park president is also championing the return of the SeaWorld mimes. They would not be the park "mascot" like they were in the early 2000s, and may not necessarily be a part of the sea lion shows. I would expect them to become a roaming street act. I was told that they may be included as a part of Sea Lions Tonite when that show returns in 2017. Speaking of which...

4. Sea Lions Tonite is highly likely to be returning in Summer 2017, but this would not be the attraction that is a part of the 5-year plan. The current show's cast animals are still learning the current show and are considered new, so they are waiting for them to completely learn this show before they add another.

5. The Orca shows are expected to stop at the end of 2018, but the range for is between late 2017 and early 2019.

6. The Christmas Festivities this year will include a new "realm,"whatever that means. They also seem very in to using their new rights to the Rudolph IP to the fullest extent they can, so maybe selling them to Universal is not as certain as was previously thought. They "want to own Christmas."

7. Manby said that we can expect lot of animal habitat improvements and new attractions (not necessarily separately) in the near future. I assume he is referring to the same Dolphin Cove project @hatetofly mentioned previously.

I really hope these TownHall events become a yearly or bi-yearly event. It was honestly very interesting to meet the people behind these major decisions at the company. Also, some Mako Pass Member preview and benefit information was released, but I will put that in the appropriate thread.
Thanks.

Reactions: WAJAS

Just like Universal having the rights to use Marvel after Disney bought them, the change of ownership shouldn't affect the contract in the short term unless one or both parties come to an agreement to end it. Doubtful they would change anything before Christmas of this year at least.

SeaWorld refers to their themed areas as "realms". He could just mean that the rethemed shark area will be getting new decorations, or it could be they are expanding into more of the park with the decorations. Hopefully both. All the Christmas stuff is on the south side of the park meaning it gets very crowded there. It would help spread the crowd to decorate more of the park and introduce new Christmas things all around.

Was there anything else on Aquatica? To be honest, I don't expect them to do anything to counter Volcano Bay next year, though I hope that in 2018 we may see something new there.

As for the Dolphin Cove refurb, I hope they will have it again where it is more for everybody, since at the moment most of the space is used for those paying extra. Very glad new rides where mentioned as well.

I get the impression they are evaluating plans right now for Aquatica. It will probably see a spike in attendance from locals no longer going to Wet N Wild even without a new addition. I just see VB as being a more boutique park where attendance will be limited, perhaps without even selling annual passes for fear of capacity issues and wanting to make it more of a perk for their hotel guests. I'm doubting that they'll offer any resident discounts until the off season, and locals won't pay full price most of the time. All those people will go where they are getting a deal, and SeaWorld is giving those deals.

Thanks. We had friends in town and I was not able to go to this. So thank you for all the information. I thought the summer night sea lion show was because of the other show was so new. Sounds like that was the actual reason and will return in 2017. I am liking the separate area in Aquatica, I love the passholder lounge. I also would love a separate entrance to go into.

Glad to hear the return on the mimes, I really liked the guy at Sea Lion and miss him in his mime role.

Sounds like I have 3 years of Shamu Christmas before I have to say goodbye to it :(

Sea World already owns Christmas, so anything extra they add will be icing on the cake.

I agree with you I would love more of these townhall events. I was on the phone call and it was interesting. I would really like to see more of this.

Thanks. We had friends in town and I was not able to go to this. So thank you for all the information. I thought the summer night sea lion show was because of the other show was so new. Sounds like that was the actual reason and will return in 2017. I am liking the separate area in Aquatica, I love the passholder lounge. I also would love a separate entrance to go into.

Glad to hear the return on the mimes, I really liked the guy at Sea Lion and miss him in his mime role.

Sounds like I have 3 years of Shamu Christmas before I have to say goodbye to it :(

Sea World already owns Christmas, so anything extra they add will be icing on the cake.

I agree with you I would love more of these townhall events. I was on the phone call and it was interesting. I would really like to see more of this.

I'm happy to see the mimes return too, I've missed them.

Sadly, I don't think I'll have any children before the Shamu shows finish which is kind of sad but I'll need to get my niece there before it ends. That requires getting my brother's new wife onto a plane but that's a completely different story all together.

Reactions: anihilnation
Interesting. I liked the old menu, but there is stuff on this menu that I would eat too. Seems more "kid friendly" than the last one. Maybe the other one people weren't as into? Not sure. Or maybe since it is AP holders that go a lot they plan to change the menu often so we don't get bored?

Looks perfect to me. Didn't know you could eat there, will have to there next time. Always like a slider :) What time do they start serving?

I believe they are open park open to park close. But not sure about the actual serving of food. We have gone there a couple times. Nice relaxing place and nice that you can order and people bring food to you vs. sitting in line. Makes things much easier with kids.

Reactions: anihilnation
I believe they are open park open to park close. But not sure about the actual serving of food. We have gone there a couple times. Nice relaxing place and nice that you can order and people bring food to you vs. sitting in line. Makes things much easier with kids.
They bring the food, that's cool. Are you supposed to tip? Or is it not the same as a sit down restaurant? (Tipping always confuses me lol, and I just want to make sure I tip when I am supossed to.)

Reactions: upov
They bring the food, that's cool. Are you supposed to tip? Or is it not the same as a sit down restaurant? (Tipping always confuses me lol, and I just want to make sure I tip when I am supossed to.)

We did tip. It is more like a sit down. You get a menu from the server, order from them, they bring you the food, and they clean up after you leave. But the prices are more like counter service pricing. So that I like a lot.

Plus don't forget the 10% off with your AP. I think they are open the same hours as The Terrace restaurant.

Forgot to post earlier, yesterday I saw the park president in Wild Artic with 5-7 people looking things over. I heard someone ask about media or monitors out front.

Also is it just me or is Panasonic a new or newer sponsor for the park? Or did my dumbass, not pay attention? Lol

Last edited: